Aem uego X-series 30-0300 wiring ecu grounds

donovan905

Wiring wideband afr to an volt 7 through rear o2 sensor harness 2005 forester xt into the g4x confusion with the ground point for the brown 0-5v analog output negative my tuner sent this my question is where to ground to "ecu ground" could this be expansion 1 ground signal or something like taping into D3 D7 B12 or any of the ground similar or do i just ground to the ecu chasis itself meaning ring terminal under the securing nut of the ecu Thanks for the help in advance

1. First make sure the wideband gauge itself reads accurately/reasonably.  
  2. Next, the AE wideband needs 12v switched power, and battery ground
  3. The brown wire also need to go to ground; ecu grounds (not sensor ground)
  4. Lastly, the white wire goes to analog volt 

Ignore your tuners instructions, the brown wire should go to sensor ground on the expansion harness.  

But as Steve Bull says, it would be much better to use the CAN bus rather than the analog signal.  For this you connect AEMnet +/- to CANH/L on the ecu CAN port.  

If you look at the pin out diagram for your ECU then it will show the sensor ground(s). The xtreme has two i think, one for each A & B connector. So ive always tried to have the ground for a senor and the sensor input on the same connector. At one stage i was using all the inputs and each one, where needed, had a sensor ground. So you can have more than one sensor on each ecu senor ground. 

Im not 100% sure but i think the reason for using the ecu sensor ground it so you get a stable common earth that allows a better reference for the input and ecu.

• 2 weeks later...

came across this post, Thank you for the info Adamw.   i already have my UEGO wired into expansion sensor wiring and the car is about 80% done street tuning.  if i wanted to switch this to Can connection instead what would i need to change in my G4X software for it to use the new connection instead?

white/black is CAN HI

green/black is CAN LO

In the software go to ECU CONTROLS> CAN SETUP>STREAMS

Load stream> select AEM X-Series UEGO Gauge Receive.lcs

Then back to "MODE" 

Select can 1 or 2 whichever you're using.  

Mode > user defined 

bit rate 500kbit/s

Channel 1 or any spare channel  "mode" > Receive user stream 1

CAN ID = 384 

Format = extended. 

analog inputs > Lambda 1 - select "Link CAN"

• 1 month later...

Would the same procedure work if I wired the AEMnet/CAN wires directly to the ODB port. I have a 2003 Nissan z33 import.
If so, would I need to wire brown to ODB ground as well as 6/14 High and Low.

Or is the OEM ODB port redundant now. 

image.png.274fdfb1d22eb2994c5ea4db133e98c3.png

I have the Xtreamx 350z pnp.