S2000link expansion loom questions

ShaZam278

Hello guys. I am fairly new to wiring so please excuse the nooby questions. I am switching from AEM V2 and am trying to migrate all my D connector wires onto the Expansion looms I have on my S2000link.

The things I added to my AEM V2 are: surge tank twin pumps, AEM X-Series AFR, flex fuel, and MAC boost solenoid 3 port. Here is how I did it:

image.thumb.jpeg.6f457a143575651f105652fb8b5394ad.jpeg

How would I go about migrating these inputs/outputs to my S2000link? Here are the expansion looms:

image.thumb.jpeg.e17804d51f68088b9f4cb52b3b6f1418.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.63bec23dbd2ace69a5a88678785441b6.jpeg

Sorry for the long post. Thanks in advance!

You should use CANBUS/AEMNET for your X-Series AFR gauge, this will give you substantially more accurate fuelling data - the analog outputs on AEM wideband devices are notoriously terrible and inaccurate - the newer ones less so, but as the one you have supports CANBUS, you should totally do this - which also frees up an analog input for other purposes.

Your Flex Fuel sensor (assuming it's the actual sensor itself, and not via some dodgy 3rd party gauge/controller) only requires a single Digital Input into the ECU - plus power, of course.

Your boost solenoid requires an output, this can be a spare Injector or Ignition output, or a generic Aux output. The other side of the solenoid should be powered by a switched power source, such as a relay triggered by the ignition switch or main relay)

Your fuel pump(s), if you want to run them staged, will require an output similar to the boost solenoid - again, these switch ground, into a suitable relay where the other side of the coil is powered from a switched power source.

13 hours ago, Confused said:

You should use CANBUS/AEMNET for your X-Series AFR gauge, this will give you substantially more accurate fuelling data - the analog outputs on AEM wideband devices are notoriously terrible and inaccurate - the newer ones less so, but as the one you have supports CANBUS, you should totally do this - which also frees up an analog input for other purposes.

Your Flex Fuel sensor (assuming it's the actual sensor itself, and not via some dodgy 3rd party gauge/controller) only requires a single Digital Input into the ECU - plus power, of course.

Your boost solenoid requires an output, this can be a spare Injector or Ignition output, or a generic Aux output. The other side of the solenoid should be powered by a switched power source, such as a relay triggered by the ignition switch or main relay)

Your fuel pump(s), if you want to run them staged, will require an output similar to the boost solenoid - again, these switch ground, into a suitable relay where the other side of the coil is powered from a switched power source.

Thank you for all this information. I bought a CAN splitter and plan on plugging my X-Series into one port and Link's CAN Gauge into the other. For the expansion loom, I bought a 6-pin connector that will accommodate for every thing I add into the expansion loom.

All this being said, can you tell me exactly which port to wire each thing into? Because I know "Aux 6," for example, is an an Aux output, and "Gnd" is ground, but I can't figure out the rest of it. I'm still confused on "DI," "Volt," and not to mention the blank ones.

Thanks!

DI = Digital input.  These can be used for on/off type switches or frequency based signals like wheel speeds or ethanol content sensors.  

Volt = Analog input, this is used for sensors that output a 0-5V variable signal - such as fuel pressure etc.

The blank ones are not connected to anything.

• 1 month later...
On 12/8/2022 at 7:01 AM, Adamw said:

DI = Digital input.  These can be used for on/off type switches or frequency based signals like wheel speeds or ethanol content sensors.  

Volt = Analog input, this is used for sensors that output a 0-5V variable signal - such as fuel pressure etc.

The blank ones are not connected to anything.

Thanks man, I'm finally understanding it all.