G4+fury CAN connection to Razor PDM

madablackmon

Hello,

Do any of you have any experience with the can setup with the Link Razor pdm. I have the can wires on can 2 wired to the B connector canH and canL. For some reason I can't get the g4+fury to discover the pdm device.  I'm new to this set up any pointers would be greatly appreciated 

G4+ won't find the PDM in the CAN Devices tab and G4+ doesn't have a built in PDM CAN stream but it is possible to set it up to control switched PDM outputs with Virtual Auxes from the ECU and to receive keypad and ADIO statuses and values via CAN DIs and CAN Ans

• 3 weeks later...

Adam,

I ended up buying a new fury g4x to replace my g4+. i have used the clipboard to move the files over to the furyx I feel that i may have missed something because the motor will not start . is there a chance you could check the two files for me ? I have moved a few auxs from the original file to a new location but i feel like I'm missing something in the inj or fuel settings . thank you any help is appreciated  

thank you,

adam 

BCM_HRC_ProX_55_Gas_senecafalls (1) - Copy.pclr ANB HRC2.pclx

The main issue is your trigger set up is wrong. 

G4+ is set up with multi-tooth/missing, 24-1, reluctor on crank, hall on cam.

G4X is set up with multi-tooth, 24, no missing, reluctor on crank, reluctor on cam.  

A couple of other comments:

Injector deadtimes are different.  

Lambda target table doesnt look good in either ecu.

Dwell table is wrong in both ecus.  Dwell should reduce as battery voltage increases.

Put 5.0 right across the sens table in accel enrichment.

• 5 months later...

@ AdamW Hi I'm also trying this exact combination G4+ Fury to Razor PDM and I'm stuck at creating Frames to transmit data to the PDM.

I'd like the ECU to transmit to the PDM water temp, oil temp, fuel pressure, fuel prime, engine rpm, engine kill.

If you could guide me on an example that would be really helpful.

Thanks!

RX7 New Loom V1.pclr New Configuration.pdmc

Im not sure what you wanted for "engine kill" so I haven't done that, but the rest of the stuff from ECU to PDM is set up.  No PDM to ECU yet as I dont know what you want.

When you open up this PDM config, it will state that it contains a layout and ask if you want to load it, choose yes so you see my notes etc.  

RX7 New Loom V1.1.pclr 20BRX7 V1.pdmc

Thanks Adam that's working great! I was stuck as this is my first CAN setup and I wasn't sure if it was software or hardware causing the issue.

Now that I've seen it working I am thinking I'll keep as much logic in the ECU as possible so it's in one place. I'm using the PDM only for outputs, I have plenty of spare inputs on the Fury ECU. Happy to hear your ideas on data to send from PDM to ECU.

By Engine Kill I was thinking about cutting ECU Connector B +14V (Aux9/10) for E-Throttle Safety (as described in the manual). What's a common parameter to use to Active / Inactive that power supply for safety? I'm not using E-Throttle yet but planning for future.

Is it possible to send ECU Virtual Output to PDM for Logic? If so could I trouble you to setup ECU Virtual Out 5,6,7 to control PDM ADIO 5,6,7 to have ready as spares? And to keep things tidy I've changed the power steering output to Aux Out #4 could you connect that to PDM ADIO#4 please? I don't mind if you have to replace Oil Temp, Fuel Press, RPM to free up the CAN Function slots.

I'm really stoked to be using the Razor for real-time current readings as there's so much mis-information about devices current draw and I'm often massively over-rating the size of cables for things like fans, coils and pumps. Eg Spal Electric Fans are rumoured to draw 10-15A but mine are reading at 8A. Also Bosch 044 Pumps people say they draw huge current but mine's sitting on 9.5A. Helps a lot to know the real numbers.

20BRX7 V1.2.pclr 20BRX7 V1.2.pdmc