Wiring in fuel pressure sensor

Deklan

Hey guys, 

Recently bought a new car (S14 sr20det series 1) and looking to install a fuel pressure sensor, Wideband and boost solenoid before I get it re-tuned. 

Currently has a ntk air fuel monitor/Wideband wired into the ecu as well as a link 4 bar map sensor. 

I'm wondering if it's going to be possivle to wire in these extra sensors with this ecu, as I'm assuming it's quite an old model. 

Thanks!! 

20230130_150347.jpg

A bit more research and it seems the ntk air fuel monitor can be wired in to be read by the ecu? (I was misled and thought It wasn't done properly). That would solve one problem for me. If you could advise on the correct way to wire that in that would be awesome! As well as the correct way to wire in the boost solenoid and fuel pressure sensor.

Thanks for your help 

Assuming your NTK controller outputs a 0-5 volt signal based upon Air-Fuel Ratio, this can be connected to any spare Analogue Input on the ECU.

Likewise, a fuel pressure sensor can be wired to any spare Analog input, and the correct calibration values set on the ECU.

Your boost solenoid would be connected to any spare Auxiliary/Fuel/Ignition output, and the other side of the solenoid to an Ignition Switched 12v feed.

All of this information is in the Help accessible from within the VTS software by pressing F1.

Thanks for the help guys. 

Ill have a look for the factory solenoid wiring tomorrow, but not too hopeful as when I got the car it had a greddy boost controller installed (assumedly not working) and a boost tee as well. This things been fiddled with a bit over the 20+ years haha. Say I can't find the factory wiring, is taking the signal to volt 6 or di 5/6 of my xs harness going to do the trick? 

Ill also be wiring in a flex fuel sensor for the future. Am I correct in powering it from 12v switched, the ecu ground and either di 5 or 6 output from xs harness? 

And the fuel pressure sensor signal can be wired to whatever is left over in the xs harness? 

Currently only temp 3 is used for my IAT. 

Ill download the software onto my computer tomorrow so I can sort it out in there also. 

Cheers have a good weekend

40 minutes ago, Deklan said:

is taking the signal to volt 6 or di 5/6 of my xs harness going to do the trick? 

No, a solenoid needs an aux output, there are none spare on the expansion connector on that ecu.  

41 minutes ago, Deklan said:

Ill also be wiring in a flex fuel sensor for the future. Am I correct in powering it from 12v switched, the ecu ground and either di 5 or 6 output from xs harness? 

Yes.

41 minutes ago, Deklan said:

And the fuel pressure sensor signal can be wired to whatever is left over in the xs harness? 

The FP signal would go to AN Volt 6 on the expansion, or you could use AN Volt 4 which is in the MAF plug, or AN Volt 1 which is in the O2 sensor plug.