1g 90 DSM trigger setup

90awdtsi

I have a coil on plug setup on my 90 4g63t wired for wasted spark. I use the stock cas which has the cam and tdc signal.  I can manually turn on the coils and injectors which leads me to believe wiring is correct. However When i try to start the i get no rpm on link g4x vr4 and no spark or injector pulse. This leads me to believe it has to do with trigger setup. What would the correct trigger settings be for my setup? 

2 minutes ago, 90awdtsi said:

Ok so no matter the trigger settings in the link, I should still have trigger signal in the scope correct?

The trigger settings do effect some of the scope set-up but if the trigger mode is currently set to one of the evo modes when doing the scope you should see a signal.  Make sure you are clicking the capture button only when the engine is cranking - not before. Otherwise you will just capture the stationary engine which could appear like no signal.  

There is something wrong with your CAS or the wiring to it.  

There should be 2 signals coming from the CAS, trigger 1 should have 4 evenly spaced teeth every CAS revolution (some would call this the "crank signal", then trigger 2 should show two different sized teeth - 1 long, 1 short per rev (some would call this the "cam signal").  

So your trig 2 signal looks good/normal, but your trig 1 signal is just a flat line sitting at 3.7V the whole time.  3.7V is about the normal pull-up voltage so this is what you would see if the sensor was disconnected or open circuit.  

Here is yours:

2Kexf7F.png

Here is how it should look:

wA20Oyl.png

Ok thanks for the explanation Adam. so i added two more logs after freshened up the wiring on the CAS and i now have a CAM signal. but i still dont have spark or Injector pulse.. can you please review my logs and see if you see any inconsistencies. Im probably going to change out the CAS if its still giving me an issue.

Thanks for the help.

TriggerScopeLog 2.llgx TriggerScopeLog3.llgx

Do you and the early 1g cas with the wires that come out or the later with the plug on the top. I have had problems with the wires on the early CAS . The wires get brittle and break . 

Are you getting power to the coils and injectors while cranking. I suspect you are as the case power is parallelled to the injector power in the stock harness. Are you still using low impedance injectors and still have the resistor installed? 

50 minutes ago, 90awdtsi said:

Really, i just attached a picture of what I'm seeing on my laptop.. based on the attached picture, the lines in trigger scope 1 are not signal lines?

The scope will auto zoom to span the voltage range.  If you look at the voltage scale on the Y axis of the trigger 1 trace it only spans a range of about 3.44 to 3.66V.  From memory the resolution is only 0.2V, so you are just looking at a very zoomed in view of noise on a flat line of about 3.5V - ie there is no signal.  

If you compare to trig 2 below it, the voltage spans ~0V to 4V which is what you should see.  

Hey Adam, 

I just attached a log. please verify they i am now getting both trigger signals.

TriggerScopeLog5.llgx

On 2/10/2023 at 7:14 PM, ozyvr4 said:

Do you and the early 1g cas with the wires that come out or the later with the plug on the top. I have had problems with the wires on the early CAS . The wires get brittle and break . 

Are you getting power to the coils and injectors while cranking. I suspect you are as the case power is parallelled to the injector power in the stock harness. Are you still using low impedance injectors and still have the resistor installed? 

I now have the black top cas with the plug on top. this was not my issue though... i do have the low impedance injectors with the resistor box. i havent check my power at the injectors while cranking. that will be my next step..