G4X water raiting?

MK2mitch

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows what the waterproof raiting of the G4X is? Was planning to mount mine under the scuttle tray which is where water from the windshield also drains. It won't be submerged but there will be a little moisture in there.

They have a water tight connector and I found an old G4+ listing that said they're waterproof but I can't find anything confirming this. Maybe someone at Link can confirm this?

Perhaps list which (if any) G4x ecus are water resistant/water tight?  Obviously the plug-ins that don't come with a sealed case aren't going to be water resistant.  I know the old Vipec had a marine version or one that was made to be more water tight than others, but no idea on the current product line if it's even listed.  Would be great to know.  Googling found an old flyer stating the G4+ Atom (circa 2016) enclosure was designed to IP67 standards making it dust and waterproof.

I did attempt to reply sometime ago but I see it is still sitting here in my browser cache.  

As for wire-in ECU's, the Atom and Monsoon were originally designed to be IP67 and passed certification for that rating when we first released them.  We no longer advertise that rating as it relies on the end user always closing the USB port cover and there is a breathable membrane (for baro sensor) that become less effective over time so we havent re-certified.  None of our other wire-in ECU's have been certified to any IP rating, however I would call them "splashproof", the case isnt sealed but the ingress pathways are reasonably protected and internal components are all conformal coated.

For the plug-ins there is a large range of levels of weather tightness.  Most of the snowmobile and jetski ones are fully potted or mechanically sealed, most of the exposed engine bay mounted ecu's such as Audi TT are fully mechanically sealed, many have nothing.  

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like I suffered the same fate too here Adam. I thought I'd replied to this but cleared I did not... Very strange.
Thanks for answering my question. It sounds like I will be fine to put it in the factory location. Won't touch any water, just be exposed to some moisture.

Added a picture for reference. Red is the ECU and blue is where the water runs below the rain shield down to the left where there is a hole that drains out the front fender. The only thing that will be a slight inconvenience is the tuning cable.

MK2 ECU location.png