Fan Testing

Tomas

Apologies if this is a very basic question, I'm testing wiring and sensors on my Xtreme ecu. I've set up the fan control, but turning on testing will not trigger the relays (2 fans). I've lowered the temp to under the ambient temp and I still can't trigger it. Am I missing something?

From what I remember, I think that the Engine Fan functionality won't turn on the fan if the engine hasn't yet started, so this is likely why modifying your values isn't working as you expect.

You can however use the Test function to check your wiring.

image.thumb.png.93d6e3d9ee45ff800594e9a12c333b79.png

Edit: I've just re-read, and I think this is what you're doing... so it's probably a wiring issue...

All outputs on the Link ECU switch ground, so you need to ensure that your fan relay is set up with an Ignition Switched feed to one side of the relay's coil, and the other side of the relay's coil is connected to the Aux output on the ECU.

Thanks for the response. My issue is I don't see anything on the multimeter on Inj8 or Ign7 when I turn the test on. I want them on high, but I checked low side as well. I don't see any response from the ecu on the respective output wires.

Thanks

image.png.6616239ab317355d38588980ffb28716.png

11 hours ago, Tomas said:

I'm getting a ground signal regardless if test is on or not.

Im assuming you have no load connected?  

15 hours ago, Tomas said:

Does that mean you can't have the ecu trigger be positive rather than a ground

Aux 5-8 on the Xtreme can do highside drive, Aux 1-4 are lowside drive only but are pulled up to 12V.  Ignition and Injector drives are lowside drive only, no pull-up.  

3 hours ago, Adamw said:

Im assuming you have no load connected?

When I was testing no. I was testing the aux output from the ecu. I can connect it to the relay box and see if it triggers correctly.

3 hours ago, Adamw said:

Aux 5-8 on the Xtreme can do highside drive, Aux 1-4 are lowside drive only but are pulled up to 12V.  Ignition and Injector drives are lowside drive only, no pull-up. 

What does it mean that they are pulled up to 12v?