Question about equation load source settings

GRS

Hi, I have a question about load source settings for equations.

It is very basic and a bit embarrassing, but I would like to understand it.

The car is an MX5 NA model, BP engine.
Throttle ITB.

The main map load axis is TP and the equation load source is MAP.

Using the second map, the load axis is corrected as MAP, but I am beginning to wonder if the current settings are really appropriate as the atmospheric pressure correction may not work with fuel injection.

The proper setting for a non-turbo engine with ITB is, as the help says
Load source of the equation: BAP
Main map load axis:TP
is it?

Also, is there anything to keep in mind when changing the equation load source from MAP to BAP?

Regards.

BAP or MAP is generally fine as the equation source for road car ITB engines, both will give you baro compensation.  If you have an idle valve then MAP is a must.  On NA race engines with high valve overlap the MAP is generally too noisy and results in noisy inj PW so BAP is usually more suitable in those cases.  The other slight variation I sometimes do for well designed race engines is set the load equation source to MAP but connect the MAP sensor to the airbox so you get baro comp but also correction for aero or restriction effects on the airbox.

Thank you very much.

Why is it mandatory that the load axis in the equation be MAP if there is an idle valve?

If the load axis of the main map is TP, does this affect the fuel injection at idle?

Or is it because MAP is used as one of the flags for idle on?

when the idle valve is opening and closing (varying load) at a given rpm, the intake pressure increases or decreases.

if you have no map sensor post throttle to see this change, AFR will be out of wack, lean when ecu opens the valve and rich when closing. 

load axis in TP is ok, then combined with map load source