DBW does not work.

offro

Thank you for everything.
I am having trouble with the motor not running when I depress the accelerator pedal.

The specs are as follows.

E-throttlemodule
jenvey eta2
https://store.jenvey.co.uk/pub/media/documents/instructions/ETA2v2NEW.pdf

I measured the voltage with the E-throttlemodule coupler connected while in the PC log state.

+14 volts = 13.7 volts
Motor + = 0 V
Motor - = 0V
Signal 1 (AUX1)= 0V
Signal 2 (AUX2)= 0V
Enable (AUX5)= 13.7 volts
Ground is grounded.

e-throttle.jpg

Honda CR-X.pclx PCデータログ - 2023-03-31 2;08;25 pm.llgx

You have the outputs configured as Aux1/2 - do you have the external E-Throttle Module https://dealers.linkecu.com/G4RET connected to Aux1 & Aux2?

If you're trying to use the in-built E-Throttle driver, you have to use Aux9/10

The ECU seems to be correctly commanding the E-Throttle Target, but I think you've got it wired up incorrectly.

Thank you for your response.
I am using G4RET.

Signal 1 (brown) of G4RET is connected to AUX1 and signal 2 (green) to AUX2.
However, there is no voltage output from the motor wires.

I am using CivicLink98 to connect to A-12 and A-16.

4 hours ago, offro said:

I measured the voltage with the E-throttlemodule coupler connected while in the PC log state.

+14 volts = 13.7 volts
Motor + = 0 V
Motor - = 0V
Signal 1 (AUX1)= 0V
Signal 2 (AUX2)= 0V
Enable (AUX5)= 13.7 volts
Ground is grounded.

Enable wire needs to be 0V to enable.  Note Aux 5 & 6 on the Honda ECU have a special high side drive circuit built into the adaptor board for the VTEC and EGR solenoids.  These 2 aux outputs can only do high-side drive (+14V output), not lowside (gnd).  

Probably Inj 5 output would be a better choice for your enable wire.  Pin A5 or A6 on the main header.  

Thank you.
DBW worked.

However, I still have a problem.

After TPS calibration and AP calibration, it chatter violently.
It outputs a fault code when I go from setup mode to ON mode.
I have tried setting the frequency, etc. but no change.
Is the AP picking up noise?

Honda CR-X.pclx PCデータログ - 2023-03-31 8;57;50 pm.llgx

Thank you for your reply.

I have completed the automatic TPS calibration with DBW.
However, the chattering did not stop in the entire area, so we set the PID and performed the TPS calibration again.

Next, when we switched from setup mode to ON mode, a fault code was output and operation stopped.

I thought that the PID setting might have been incorrect, but is this method correct?

Honda CR-X.pclx PCデータログ - 2023-04-1 12;23;03 am.llgx

There are 3 issues that I see:

1. There is some problem with the TP sensors.  The relationship between TPS(main) and TPS(sub) should match at all times.  But in your log we can see TPS(main) % and voltage are moving when TPS(sub) % and voltage is stationary.   Im not sure if this is a wiring issue or a mechanical issue. 

Related advice - for ITB's with a separate throttle motor it is best to have both the TPS main and TPS sub on the throttle shaft rather than one on the motor and one on the throttle shaft.  You can get good quality hall effect "dual track" sensors that fit on to common aftermarket ITB throttles.  The Jenvey sensors are very poor quality, they drift with temperature and they fail often.  Part number XPD-2832-811-214-911-00.  https://www.efihardware.com/products/3150/dbw-contactless-throttle-position-sensor-variohm

2rV7Z8R.png

2. The PID needs tuning, it is not even close.  You always need Integral, start with about 0.05.  I think Proportional will need to be a lot higher.  But no use tuning this until the TPS issue is solved.

3. I think the linkage maybe has too much friction, the spring is too stiff or the leverage ratio is no good.  You can see during the TPS calibration the ecu is sending 80% power to the motor but even after 5 seconds the throttle has still not reached wide open.  

Thanks for the reply.
Main TPS = JenveyTP11
Sub TPS = ToyotaAE101(4AG)TPS

ToyotaTPS has a linear waveform, but Jenvey does not output a clean waveform even after adjusting the angle

We will try to introduce the dual track sensor you suggested.

We will report as soon as we receive the sensor.

Thanks Adamw and Confused.

What you could try in the meantime to allow you to start tuning etc is re-assign TPS main to ANV5 and TPS sub to ANV4.  Redo the TP cal, and then it should work in set-up mode.  You may have to do the TP cal manually if the automated TP cal doesn't complete.  Obviously dont drive it on the road like this but it would be ok to alow you to continue with other work.