E-Throttle problems

Joshbev95

Hi all,

I have a g4x Xtreme and I'm having problems setting up ethrottle on my Corrado VR6. I am using a Bosch 0280 750 097 throttle from a later VR6 as it bolts straight up to my manifold. 

I keep getting error code 84: aux9/10 E-throttle IC Over Temperature/ Undervoltage. This is preventing me from auto calibrating the tps. I also get error code 76: tps main/tps sub tracking error.

I have followed the first time setup page and when i go to calibrate tps, I get error 5: no tps main movement, then I hear the ethrottle relay click and error codes flags up.

I have tried another throttle body already but it comes back with the same errors so I believe it may be a config issue so i have attached some photos if someone could check my settings are correct. 

I hope some one can help.

thanks 

Josh

Screenshot (3).png

Screenshot (4).png

Screenshot (5).png

Screenshot (2).png

Have you run the TPS Calibration because your TPS (Main) and TPS (Sub) are quite different to each other

I suspect given it doesn't move the one time it tries to apply duty cycle that you have a wiring issue but trying the TPS Calibration and logging over that attempt should show this.

4 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Have you run the TPS Calibration because your TPS (Main) and TPS (Sub) are quite different to each other

Unfortunately it won’t allow me to complete the calibration. It comes up with error 5 no tps main movement. I’ve trieddifferent throttle bodies and I believe my wiring is correct. I checked the runtime values list and when I move the throttle plate by hand I can see the tps value change

You can see in your log when the ecu sends maximum -ve DC to the motor there is no change at all in the aux 9/10 supply voltage trace. The voltage would drop as DC/current is increased if there was an electrical load connected to aux9/10 pins.  It appears you have an open circuit so I would be suspicious you have the pinout wrong.  

Is your throttle wired like below?

ejI537O.png

YbVbXKI.png

Hi Adam thanks for your response. 
I have confirmed that my wiring is exactly as you described in your message. Any other things to try? I’m clutching at straws here really. I’m still getting the same error 5 no tps main movement when I try and calibrate. I’ve tried on two different throttle bodies as well. 
Thanks

josh 

On 4/13/2023 at 10:40 PM, Adamw said:

Pull the aux 9 and aux 10 wires out of the ecu plug.  Measure the resistance between those 2 wires, I would expect less than 20ohm if the motor is connected correctly.  

I’ve been over all the wiring again and it is all correct. Tried different throttle bodies again. Updated the firmware. 
I can manually operated the throttle and get tps values change in run time values. I can get the throttle to move when I put a power probe across the terminals for the motor when it’s out of the car but from what I can tell it’s almost like the ecu can’t put the motor- (aux10) down to ground. I’ve checked all my ecu grounds to the engine block too and they all check out. 

Im really stuck with this. Is there chance the ecu could be at fault?

Can you manually move the throttle blade fully open/closed and note down the AN3&6 voltages then enter those in manually as the open/closed voltages.  Then if you change the "when stalled" setting to run, do you hear the throttle motor whining?  

And confirming the motor is connected to the 2 bottom left pins in B connector right?

dRFbWQK.png

11 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Can you manually move the throttle blade fully open/closed and note down the AN3&6 voltages then enter those in manually as the open/closed voltages.  Then if you change the "when stalled" setting to run, do you hear the throttle motor whining?  

And confirming the motor is connected to the 2 bottom left pins in B connector right?

dRFbWQK.png

I will try that shortly, we haven’t heard the throttle whine at all when on run throttle yet on all of the throttle bodies we have. I can confirm the motor is definitely connected to aux 9 and 10. Aux 9 motor +, aux 10 motor -. Ethrottle relay connected to aux 9 

3 minutes ago, Adamw said:

It’s not connected to aux 9 though right?  It should be pin B5.

ah… I believe this maybe my issue from misunderstanding the drawing. Would have I caused damage to the ecu connecting it how I’ve got it at the moment? 

Hard to say, the driver is pretty robust and has a lot of protection built in but wont survive everything.  Can you do a quick sketch of how it is all connected, I cant quite see how you would have both the relay and motor connected to aux 9.  

Excuse the untidy drawing but that’s how I’ve wired. From what you’ve said in previous responses has highlighted an error for me which I will get corrected. Hopefully it resolves the issue and no damage has been caused. 
thanks for your support so far

65A039EC-8499-49E1-BDD2-BCE2C529E31A.jpeg

1 minute ago, koracing said:

If this is a G4X XtremeX wire-in ecu, you need to cut the wire going to Aux9 from the relay, and connect it to the B-loom connector pin 5 instead labelled in the quick start guide as "+14V Aux9/10".

Thanks, obviously this doesn’t help being wired how I’ve got it at the moment but would this be the problem area from my error 84 code?

37 minutes ago, Joshbev95 said:

Thanks, obviously this doesn’t help being wired how I’ve got it at the moment but would this be the problem area from my error 84 code?

yes, you're back feeding power into the ECU through the Aux so as soon as you try to use it it won't be able to supply the required current