ECU logs not appearing? Possibly corrupt?

DerekAE86

I've been doing a heap of logging recently utilzing ECU logging rather than having a laptop always plugged in.

With the parameters I've got setup I get around 25min per log and I download / clear them every day or so so they never fill up the internal storage.

But sometimes I notice missing logs. For example when I go to download ECU logs they'll be numbered "3 and 4".
Where did "1 and 2" go?
After downloading "3 and 4" its obvious they were from half way through the drive as the engine start/warm-up phase is not in them.

Normally when you delete the logs the log download screen changes to say "No Logs in ECU" and there isn't any buttons or options you can click anymore.
However if I individually delete log "3 and 4" in this example the log screen does not change.
It's like the ECU knows it still has logs in it, but they're not showing. Like they're hidden because they've been corrupted somehow?
So even though no logs are available to download anymore I have to click "Delete all" to fully clear/reset the download log screen.

I'm not really sure how to recreate this issue, but it's happened a few times now. Not seeing any errors when it does either.

Curious if this is something that others have noticed or it's a known issue the next firmware version will fix up?

So it happened again this afternoon. I cleared the log last night so it should show my morning drive to work and then my afternoon drive home.

But ECU only displays log 4 and 5 which is only the end of the my drive home.
After downloading them and deleting them the window indicates logs are still present.
Until I click Delete All.

One thing I just thought of tho - is ECU logging disabled if a PC is connected?
Because I had the laptop on and looking at live runtime data today.

image1.png

image2.png

image3.png

The ECU log will still log if all parameters are met even if you're PC connected and logging.  I use it pretty commonly on dyno as sometimes the PC connection drops during a dyno pull (really wish that would get fixed in a robust and permanent way).  

Lost logs again today. Went for a longish drive without the laptop on or connected.

Stopped half way through to check logs. (Engine/ECU off. Power cycle ECU back on then connect USB and open PCLink)
There was log 1,2,3 in the ECU. I downloaded them but didn't delete them.

When I got home I checked again. (Engine/ECU off. Power cycle ECU back on then connect USB and open PCLink)
Now only log 4,5,6 were present. Just the second half of the trip.

So I started downloading those but half way through the laptop lost connection with the ECU and wouldn't reconnect until I cycled power again.
This has been an intermittent issue recently that I had put down to the USB cable possibly being a bit long.

But when I power cycled to get the ECU to reconnect to continue downloading the logs; log 4 had disappeared! Only 5 and 6 remained.
So now I'm thinking it might be related to why the logs are disappeearing if the ECU is having a momentry hiccup?

The error I got when disconnected was "Connection error: 2 Protocol Error" followed shortly by "Connection error: 1019 LINK_NOT_RESPONDING_CORRECTLY"

image.png