AltezzaLink CAN in US model IS300

AndreEMS

Its not actually CAN in these cars but a Toyota specific protocol known as BEAN.  I believe in the IS300 everything except the MPG gauge and the traction control will function correctly.  Must be a manual trans. 

3 hours ago, AndreEMS said:

Thank you for getting back to me Adam, but will the Xtreme put out this BEAM, when configured? 

The G4X AltezzaLink ECU has a built-in CAN to BEAN module.
Wire-in XtremeX or other XtremeX based plug-ins do not have it.

11 hours ago, essb00 said:

The G4X AltezzaLink ECU has a built-in CAN to BEAN module.
Wire-in XtremeX or other XtremeX based plug-ins do not have it.

Thank you for clearing that up. The issue is that I have a IS300 swapped with a 3UZ. Looks like I have to retain the stock ECU with a Xtreme. 

Depending on how you wanted to run the 3UZ - it should be possible to do with the Altezza link - obviously you can only use 4 injector drives and 4 coil drivers - so semi-sequential and wasted spark.

We dont really have a solution for that.  The are a couple of 3rd party BEAN controllers that may allow a wire-in ECU to be used, I have no personal experience with them to share.  One is from All4Swap.ru, I forget the other one I have seen.  

Piggyback installations can be difficult in the later toyotas as they use differential inputs for the triggers, sharing the trigger signal with an ecu that references ground can need a lot of trial and error to make both systems happy.