Evo 9 plugin, CAN comms to oem ABS / AYC possible ?

3bar

Hi all

On an Evo 9 plugin ecu, the oem abs and ayc modules are throwing codes / errors - my initial guess is this is due to those modules losing communications across CAN bus to the OEM ecu, how do we go about resolving this ?

I had a look under the ECU CAN communications and EVO 9 isn't a predefined field, so does anyone know what the settings / parameters to enter here and how should the CAN bus be wired ? ie is it present in the plug n play header or do i need to use the CAN cable and wire the CAN wires to the OEM harness ? 

any and all help appreciated

There is no CAN in an evo 9.  There is comms between the engine ecu and diff ecu but it is only for MUT diagnostics - K-line I think. 

You shouldnt have any errors with our plug-in ecu, it should just work the same as the factory ecu.  Have you changed anything else like the throttle body/TPS or DBW etc? 

I guess the first step is to read the flash codes to see what clues they give.  To do this you bridge/short pin 1 to pin 4 in the OBD2 plug with a short piece of wire or paper clip etc then switch on ignition and the ACD snow/gravel/tarmac lights will start flashing.  Long flashes are "tens" then a pause, the short flashes are "ones".  

aF4dLeX.png

7QeLAMO.png

BGSFIs8.png

Hi

Thanks for the detailed reply, the car is throwing codes as can be seen in the LAUNCH diagnostic screen shots, the lights wont clear and the errors are always present so the initial thinking was those modules were "missing" the OEM ecu and throwing an error at CAN bus / CAN gateway layer and hence the codes couldnt be cleared but if the EVO 9 is "simple" then the issue must be elsewhere

Whats the suggestion to resolve those errors ? different OBD scan tool ?

WhatsAppImage2023-05-18at08_40_56.thumb.jpeg.dde404b60c0e12a5eb252d64d776b5d9.jpegWhatsAppImage2023-05-18at08_33_34.thumb.jpeg.1e08bdf695b6046f82d5ebd9b9a3e93f.jpegWhatsAppImage2023-05-18at08_33.34(1).thumb.jpeg.90d5105e70f0823fe807b940125e8dc6.jpeg

The scan tool may need the oem engine ecu to communicate with the ABS or diff controller I dont know the platform well enough - or there may be a more serious issue like a ground missing.  So, start with the manual flash code check that I suggested to see if that reports similar codes.  

If it's anything like my Legnum VR-4, scan tools never give an accurate list of faults, but the "flashy dash" method that Adam has mentioned always does.

You've also not answered the question as to whether anything else has been modified on the vehicle other than simply swapping out the stock engine ECU.