Evo intercooler spray switch

mig23t

Hey all,

Just after some help. Id like to use the factory intercooler spray button in the evo as a dual output boost setting. The switch is set up for manual hold spray, auto spray on the factory ecu and a middle off position. The sprayer reservoir was removed years ago and haven't been using the system.

How would I go about setting this up in the ecu? Trying to learn how to do it. The switch itself has two wires coming out of the connector that terminates on the ecu. I've got a pnp g4+ with two xs looms available; one is for dbw

Cheers.

Hey, heres how I would do it. Im not 100% how the switch operates so figure that out and then wire the switch sides as aux inputs to your ecu. Then configure it up in link so that you can see it activate when you press the switches and then turn off when they are turned off. Once those are set up you can then turn on your extra wastegate duty cycle maps as other boost settings and then have them activate when the switch is pressed to the appropriate position. Another way that I have personally done this in my own evo is by using the headlight leveling rotary switch as a general purpose rotary switch for map selection which i use for different boost levels or things. But the similar way to do it would be get the switch inputs working and activating in link, then set up a couple virtual aux outputs triggered by the switch position. then dedicate a wastegate duty cycle map to the virtual positions. Back to earlier about how the switch operates,,, Im thinking that your manual hold side of the switch is momentary, which means its only working when you hold the button down. If that is the case you will have to set that up as a latched input because it wont stay active if you arent holding the switch. Effectively you will be turning that button into a simple on/off switch that you will have to push once for on and once for off, you wont have to hold it. the other side of the switch is always on so you will not set that side up as latched. Hope some of that info helps and isnt too confusing..

The manual switch is DI3 and auto switch is DI5.  Set them up as GP inputs with the pull-up on, im not sure if the on level is high or low but you will soon find out.  

The auto switch will be best for a boost switch since it is latching, the momentary manual switch will be better suited to launch control or rolling antilag etc.  There is a software latch but that means you would need to press it once for on and again for off.  

6ObF7Pa.png

12 hours ago, k4nnon said:

Hey, heres how I would do it. Im not 100% how the switch operates so figure that out and then wire the switch sides as aux inputs to your ecu. Then configure it up in link so that you can see it activate when you press the switches and then turn off when they are turned off. Once those are set up you can then turn on your extra wastegate duty cycle maps as other boost settings and then have them activate when the switch is pressed to the appropriate position. Another way that I have personally done this in my own evo is by using the headlight leveling rotary switch as a general purpose rotary switch for map selection which i use for different boost levels or things. But the similar way to do it would be get the switch inputs working and activating in link, then set up a couple virtual aux outputs triggered by the switch position. then dedicate a wastegate duty cycle map to the virtual positions. Back to earlier about how the switch operates,,, Im thinking that your manual hold side of the switch is momentary, which means its only working when you hold the button down. If that is the case you will have to set that up as a latched input because it wont stay active if you arent holding the switch. Effectively you will be turning that button into a simple on/off switch that you will have to push once for on and once for off, you wont have to hold it. the other side of the switch is always on so you will not set that side up as latched. Hope some of that info helps and isnt too confusing..

Thats awesome thanks! Didn't even think of the auto leveler dial as an option - quite clever :ph34r:

I think with mine, half power or there about will be the normal off position, and the auto spray feature will be the higher output function.

Thanks for your input mate, cheers.

10 hours ago, Adamw said:

The manual switch is DI3 and auto switch is DI5.  Set them up as GP inputs with the pull-up on, im not sure if the on level is high or low but you will soon find out.  

The auto switch will be best for a boost switch since it is latching, the momentary manual switch will be better suited to launch control or rolling antilag etc.  There is a software latch but that means you would need to press it once for on and again for off.  

6ObF7Pa.png

Thank you Adam, and you're correct. Auto side of the switch holds on, I do like your idea of rolling a/lag on the manual side - very clever :wub: That negates the need for me to have a keypad set up which isn't what i wanted to do, so thanks for that :D

I'll get to sorting this out this morning, thank you mate.