S13 - SR20DET Idle + Cams

TCB91SX

Hi All, 

Recently got the car all buttoned up, trying to smooth out the idle and possibly develop a drivable to tune so I can get the car to a tuner here locally. 

Motor: 

SR20DET Red top 

Tomei 248/256 cams 

Issues: 

-Car cranks and fires however in order to maintain an idle I need to keep my foot on the throttle. I was considering this was due to the Tomei cams. Where would the next place be to look to make an adjustment ? 

-Unsure of how my IAT is set up, currently have it set up to pull signal from AN Temp 2 and it is an AEM IAT set up under the Delphi calibration, is this correct ? 

Logged attached. 

Thank you in advance for your input. 

PC Datalog - 2023-07-6 10;02;20 pm.llgx

I've moved your post to the G4X section.  

Can you attach a copy of the tune as well.  Have you set base timing and adjusted the master fuel?  

6 hours ago, TCB91SX said:

and it is an AEM IAT set up under the Delphi calibration, is this correct ? 

Yes both of the common AEM IAT sensors use the delphi cal. 

17 hours ago, Adamw said:

I've moved your post to the G4X section.  

Can you attach a copy of the tune as well.  Have you set base timing and adjusted the master fuel?  

Yes both of the common AEM IAT sensors use the delphi cal. 

Thanks Adam, apologies for posting in the wrong section. 

Base map attached. 

Base timing was set by cranking and then the car idled fine, however once I connected the intercooler piping/IACV and the other missing vacuum sources that is when the car wanted to fire and die. 

Master fuel has not been adjusted. Car has DW 750CC injectors. Walbro 255 fuel pump. 

Thank you! 

Tom - Base Map.pclx

Looking to see if anyone can take a look at my short log and base map to see if they can assist with dialing in my idle. It feels like something is just off slightly but still unsure. 

Thanks in advance for any input. 

PC Datalog - 2023-07-16 10;36;34 am.llgx Tom - Base Map 7-15 Adj.pclx

First thing I see is that the idle lockout is activated because your MAP at idle is higher than the lockout value. Probably bump it up to 60kpa. Disable idle ignition control at first. Increase/decrease the base duty till you get it to say 850rpm. Then you can activate the close loop systems and work on them. Ensure fuel table and ignition tables are flat around idle range. 

The settings in your map dont appear to match the log you have posted but Deondre has the main problem covered, the MAP lockout is too low so idle control isnt even working.  

The log shows base position was 36% but the base position in your map is set to 60%, idle target is 850RPM in the log Vs 1000RPM in the map.  It looks like your base position needs to be around 40% for 850RPM.