Car won't idle steady

jnfurniss

I have a 350z and I bought a G4x Xtreme. I calibrated the MAP, calibrated the TPS(which at WOT is only 95.6 %) I went in and calibrated the triggers as said on section 6.7 of the owners manual. When I turn the car on after about 3-5 seconds the idle gets very sporadic. Eventually dieing. I can hold RPMs steady and all is fine. Just curious if I missed something along the way when setting everything up.

11 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Do a short PC log showing the behaviour and attach that and a copy of your tune here.  

Have you tried adjusting the master fuel?

https://youtu.be/_P1LRANeO4A

I don't really have a tune other than the base tune that is installed on the ECU. I have adjusted the master fuel and i can get it so the car will not die. However, it still jumps from about 900rpm to 1750rpm.

Ok, the problem is the idle control integral is too high, but it also looks like your APS hasn't been calibrated, so you should first do that and a TPS cal. 

In E-throttle settings, set e-throttle mode to set-up mode.   Go to >E-throttle 1>Throttle position sensor and run through the calibration, then go to >accelerator position sensor and do its calibration.  Set E-throttle mode back to On when done. Do a store. 

Go to idle speed control and change the APS lockout to 1.0% and the integral gain to 0.05.

lTkg8zE.png

33 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Ok, the problem is the idle control integral is too high, but it also looks like your APS hasn't been calibrated, so you should first do that and a TPS cal. 

In E-throttle settings, set e-throttle mode to set-up mode.   Go to >E-throttle 1>Throttle position sensor and run through the calibration, then go to >accelerator position sensor and do its calibration.  Set E-throttle mode back to On when done. Do a store. 

Go to idle speed control and change the APS lockout to 1.0% and the integral gain to 0.05.

lTkg8zE.png

With AdamW changes.llgx

38 minutes ago, Adamw said:

lTkg8zE.png

With AdamW changes2.llgx

24 minutes ago, Adamw said:

You havent calibrated your APS, it is still showing 1.1% at rest, it should be zero.  

before you said to set it to 1%

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

lTkg8zE.png

I my APS/TPS lockout to 1% as mentioned here. 

The idle APS lockout is the value of pedal position that is used to determine if the engine is idling or not.  This is a fixed value that you set and should be around 1%.  It has nothing to do with calibrating the sensor.

You need to calibrate the actual pedal position sensor as I suggested above.  The APS should read 0% when your foot is off the pedal and 100% when you press the pedal to the floor.  Yours is currently reading 1.1% when your foot is off so idle is never going to work. 

zKU4f5U.png

4 minutes ago, Adamw said:

The idle APS lockout is the value of pedal position that is used to determine if the engine is idling or not.  This is a fixed value that you set and should be around 1%.  It has nothing to do with calibrating the sensor.

You need to calibrate the actual pedal position sensor as I suggested above.  The APS should read 0% when your foot is off the pedal and 100% when you press the pedal to the floor.  Yours is currently reading 1.1% when your foot is off so idle is never going to work. 

zKU4f5U.png

Just did everything mentioned above. Here is a new file update.

With AdamW changes2.llgx

2 minutes ago, jnfurniss said:

With AdamW changes2.llgx 918.53 kB · 0 downloads

Jack's 350z start up log.llgx

4 minutes ago, jnfurniss said:

With AdamW changes2.llgx

Your APS is still showing 1.1% in that log.  I wonder if there is a maybe ground issue causing the APS voltage to change a little when the engine is running.  Can you do another log, but this time start the log recording before you start the engine, then start the engine and continue logging for say a further 20 secs.  Attach log and your most recent tune. 

You can temporarily set your idle control APS/TPS lockout to 2% for now so idle control works, it would just be better to get that smaller for drivability.  

26 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Your APS is still showing 1.1% in that log.  I wonder if there is a maybe ground issue causing the APS voltage to change a little when the engine is running.  Can you do another log, but this time start the log recording before you start the engine, then start the engine and continue logging for say a further 20 secs.  Attach log and your most recent tune. 

You can temporarily set your idle control APS/TPS lockout to 2% for now so idle control works, it would just be better to get that smaller for drivability.  

27 minutes ago, Adamw said:

1 minute ago, jnfurniss said:

The log is too large to share.

The one I uploaded is the wrong file. Ignore that one.