1jz vvti can't start it

Andrew 1.8t

It's 1jz vvti it came with password locked so i rest it go factory settings and starts from a base map and iam not who made the wiring for it so i checked the wiring and found that the vvt wired to digital input 1 and aux i tried every thing in the map and still no start just make a load pop's from the exhaust any help ...

1jz.pclr

What is connected to DI1?  The cam sensor should be connected to trigger 2.  

Can you do a short PC log of it cranking and tell us a bit about the engine - what size injectors etc.  Is it really direct spark?  Im no expert but I thought most 1JZ vvti were wasted spark?  Have you confirmed the correct coils and injectors fire using the injector and ignition test functions?

Also you need to go into injector setup and either set them to saturated for hi impedance injectors or if you have low impedance then set the P&H currents correctly.  At the moment inj 5&6 only have a 0.1A hold set. 

qgOj7ss.png

16 minutes ago, Andrew 1.8t said:

The vvti sensor is wired to di1 and aux 3 

Im still not sure what you are talking about here.  You should have a VVT solenoid or "OCV" at the front of the cam cover just behind the cam pulley, connected to an aux output, aux 3 is fine.  Then there should be a cam position sensor towards the back of the engine between about injector 5 & 6 that should be connected to trigger 2.  There should be nothing connected to a DI.  

EuMtY7b.png

Vvti selenoid has two wires right one of them is wired to digital input 1 and the other one is wired to aux 3 thats what i mean and i think it won't start up cause the setting of the digital input but if it can start without the vvt selenoid so forget it and let's see what else can do that i see you mentioned that i do the injector setup wrong can this don't start it thanks in advance and sorry about my bad English cause its not my first language 

3 hours ago, Andrew 1.8t said:

Vvti selenoid has two wires right one of them is wired to digital input 1 and the other one is wired to aux 3

No, one wire should go to Aux 3, the other wire should go to ignition switched +12V supply.  However, this wont stop it from running.  

3 hours ago, Andrew 1.8t said:

let's see what else can do that i see you mentioned that i do the injector setup wrong can this don't start it

It would not prevent it from starting, possibly would misfire on 2 cylinders.  

In your map the coolant temperature shows 77°C and IAT is 55°C, why are these hot? did you have it running on the old map or something?  

Please do a PC log of a start up attempt so we have some data to look at.  

9 hours ago, Adamw said:

No, one wire should go to Aux 3, the other wire should go to ignition switched +12V supply.  However, this wont stop it from running.  

It would not prevent it from starting, possibly would misfire on 2 cylinders.  

In your map the coolant temperature shows 77°C and IAT is 55°C, why are these hot? did you have it running on the old map or something?  

Please do a PC log of a start up attempt so we have some data to look at.  

Yes i always start the old map that password locked to make sure that everything still works fine ...

Okay i will take a log for the cranking today and post it

Today the engine starts after i change the ignition setting to wasted spark but the engine sound was upnormal and alot of trigger error that doesn't happen with previous locked map I don't know why and the cam angle test show's that the cam is run between 664to667 and that's upnormal do you think that it can be wrong polarity for triggers wiring cause my trigger offset is set to 205 like normal the log i posted is for it after it start with wasted spark ignition and upnormal sound 

new omar jz.llg

And this log from the password locked file 

kd jz log.llg

The password locked map may have different arming thresholds.  It may be the offset is different.  You would need a timing light to verify the offset is correct.  A trigger scope is the best way to check the arming thresholds and may shed some light on the offset as well.

Instead of taking a picture of the screen, attach the *.llg file saved from trigger scope capture.

....though it is already obvious there on the picture that in Trig 1 & Trig 2 polarities are reversed. Interchange the wires for each of them.

4 hours ago, koracing said:

So this car was tuned previously with these backwards or has some rewiring been done since then?

This is why I ignore comments such as "ran fine before", it is very unlikely this would have ever ran well before. Maybe better than now, but never well.  VVT wouldnt have worked at all, you would have like 10deg timing drift with RPM etc.