Switching Maps with CANBUS?

dingdongdrift

I have a question that i have not found an answer to on the forums after some quick searching. I have a LINK MonsoonX on my 1uz drift car. I have a pop/flame tune and also a regular tune for cruising around town. I would like to be able to switch between the 2 with my CAN Keypad, is that possible somehow? my main question is probably the CAN programming. I have a digital dash working through CAN and realdash, but i have not set up the keypad to communicate with the ECU, it only communicates with my PMU16 PDM. 

Edit: once it's communicating, i have no clue how to do digital switches, any help with that would be awesome as well. 

fuel cut overrun is turned off and the fuel and ignition tables are both different in the high vacuum/no load areas. i set up the CAN Keypad in LINK Software and enabled CAN DI but i can't seem to get anything to show up in runtime values or anywhere really when pressing the switch on the keypad. The LINK finds the keypad in the CAN Devices tab though. 

4 minutes ago, dingdongdrift said:

i set up the CAN Keypad in LINK Software and enabled CAN DI but i can't seem to get anything to show up in runtime values or anywhere really when pressing the switch on the keypad. The LINK finds the keypad in the CAN Devices tab though. 

Note you absolutely should not have the Keypad being controlled by both the PMU and the ECU, it should be talking to one OR the other.

3 hours ago, Vaughan said:

Note you absolutely should not have the Keypad being controlled by both the PMU and the ECU, it should be talking to one OR the other.

it's not being controlled by anything, it's just a keypad that outputs CAN data, like every car on the planet, there is no controller, it's a network as far as i understand. 

23 minutes ago, dingdongdrift said:

it's not being controlled by anything, it's just a keypad that outputs CAN data, like every car on the planet, there is no controller, it's a network as far as i understand. 

LEDs on it are controlled, if you have it setup as a keypad in the ECU then the ECU will try and control the LEDs which will clash with the PMU if it is also trying to control the LEDs. Also if you are using any form of latching there is the risk that the latching will get out of sync between the two.

To give a bit more info, the keypad should not be set up in the ecu, all its logic should be handled by the PMU, for the "map switch" you just send the button status from the PMU to the ECU.  

If you attach your maps I can get the basics set up for you.  Im not sure if I will be able to get the ORFC to disable via CAN but will have a look when you share your map, it may be possible to override it with a dummy antilag setup.   

Watching this with curiosity - it seems easy enough to swap between dual fuel/ign tables.

But is it possible to turn over-run fuel cut on and off via a digital or can input?

And is it possible to 'latch' the active table within software between power cycles?
So if the 'race' tune was table1 and the 'street' tune table2, if you turn the car off while on table2, it will start up on table2 again?