injector duty cycle help!

Kristopher

on my 91 rx7 the injector duty cycle jumps over 100% after 500 rpm anthing below that is fine usually around 6-9% and because of that i can not get the car to idle. master is at 27ms, fuel table is at 23 for 0 rpm, 24 for 500 rpm, and 25 for 1000 rpm i have up dated the firmware,the injectors are simons 1600cc and the have 25w resistors wired on each injector. the car will start and rev to a max of 1000 rpm then drop like it lost fuel and i have loged it starting 5 times and to get numbers and everytime the rpm is over 500 the injector duty cycle is either really close too 100% or way over someone PLEASE HELP!

2nd.txt

I suspect the problem lies with your staged injection table. This should not be set to all 0. It should ramp up in % to then give you equal flow between primary and secondary injectors.

• 11 months later...

Well I changed the map and lowered almost everything and added the staged injection and it still goes wild on the injector duty but now it's after 1000 rpm and then cuts out all the fuel and dies I'm lost cause I don't have overrun fuel cut on cause I'm just trying to get it to idle then Im going to go back in and put all that stuff on

Ok so I went through the whole link book and did exactly what it says to do to get my car started and running. I'm using the rotary base map at 48 on the master and it starts right up idles for 5-10 seconds and then cuts all the fuel and leans out and while it is idleing above 600 rpm the injector duty cycle it well above 100%. If no one can help me fix this soon I'm throwing this ecu in the trash and getting a mega squirt.

This is a file developed on our own RX7.

It will be a good starting point to work from. You will have to check the configuration of the inputs and outputs.

Start by only adjusting master fuel to get the engine running.

Hi Kristopher,

The basemap Simon supplied you is definitely known to run well. If you are having to increase your master fuel to 48 to get any sign of life out of your engine then you have a serious problem with your setup.

Have you tried using the injector test function to make sure all your injectors are working correctly? How about your fuel pressure?

If you still can not find what is wrong I would recommend taking your car to a tuner to have a look.

Regards,

Scott.