Xtreme to Ecumaster PMU16

karlitodelavega

hi guys

My pdm is connected in can2 to the link.

I want to setup the can. Someone can help me to make them talk together ? I tried to do it myself but in vain

I need to setup the nitrous activation (the most important) and if possible the water pump, fans, etc 

thanks 

last.pclr charles sa14 CAN from ECU.pmu

Ok, some examples set up in your configs.  

The ECU is sending Virtual Aux 1-7 and coolant temp to the PMU.  Fuel pump and fan request are included in these.

The PMU is sending 3 keypad button states to the ECU, these are received as CAN Dig 1-3.  

G4+ cant send PWM output signals via CAN so we cant do the PWM fan directly.  The ECUmaster PMU generally cant PWM a fan anyhow.  But just incase you wanted to do PWM fan, I have sent ECT to the PDU so you can do a PWM table at that end.  

last V2.pclr charles sa14 CAN from ECU V2.pmu

thank you so much

I just have a look to try to understand. Can you activate the water pump after engine start ?

PWM isnt possible but do you think its possible to switch on the fan at 90deg and off at 80 ?

thanks

I did a big mistake, I uploaded the wrong Link file...

Here is the good one. Apologize  

Also, is it possible to activate a timing and fuel map when nos is activated under 3 conditions? 90% tps, between 3500/5500rpm, from gear 3 only

Charles racecar CAN to PMU.pclr

Ok, files updated.

NOS conditions ECT>60C, Gear>2, CAN DI3 on (Nos keypad button), TPS>90, No engine limiters active, RPM between 3500 & 5500.  When these conditions are met the request is sent to the PDU and the 4D fuel and ign tables are activated. 

54XJP3M.png

1 hour ago, karlitodelavega said:

Can you activate the water pump after engine start ?

PWM isnt possible but do you think its possible to switch on the fan at 90deg and off at 80 ?

Both done.  Keypad buttons set up as overrides, so the water pump will run when ECU is requesting it or when you press the button.  Fan is set up the same, with the temps you specified (set temps in ecu Engine fan settings).  Fuel pump will only run if the ecu is requesting it AND the keypad key is on.  

Charles racecar CAN to PMU V3.pclr charles sa14 CAN from ECU V3.pmu

You have the ECU CAN set to 1Mbit and the PMU set to 500K, you need to set both the same. 

16 hours ago, karlitodelavega said:

Im also not able to activate fuel pump and water pump by the keypad

I already said above that the fuel pump wont activate by the keypad alone, it is set up as an enable, not an override.  The water pump should override from the keypad though.  However, it is not my job to support a 3rd party product, you should seek help from ECUmaster if it doesn't function as expected.  

I've not had time to review your files but I have a PMU working alongside a G4+ Xtreme. 

I am controlling the fuel and water pumps via the PMU with only the engine data coming from the ECU into the PMU. 

When powered on the PMU primes the fuel system and then shuts down, it will begin running again once the ECU and PMU see over 200rpm, the extra pump we are using kicks in when over a set RPM and manifold pressure. 

The water pump is again controlled totally via the PMU, using the ECU data for switching on and off.  

I have also got the buttons from the keypad as override buttons so if the driver/ team want to cool the car down lower than the set points they can hit 1 button and it'll run the coolant fans and water pump.  The same goes for the fuel system, a manual override for draining the tank.

I've not set up a nitrous control but this would be similar to the extra fuel pump, you can also either sort the CAN data to let the ECU know the nitrous is active or go old school and tap into the nitrous power circuit with an DI channel so it's active for map adjustments when the nitrous is active

Looking over everything you need to switch your CAN Speed in the PMU to 1mbps, as Adam has said, without this the devices will never talk together.

To do this in the PMU software you need to go into the configuration tab -> CANbus Setup -> and change the 500 kbps to 1Mbps.

As for how you are setting everything up, there are a million different ways to get the same end result, personally, I'd program as much of the ECU sensors directly into the PMU, Engine speed, ECT, IAT, MAP, as well as your N2O request going into the ECU as you've got some covered. 

For your fuel pump control, you can get the PMU to run it all independently from the ECU but behave as though you have it ECU controlled, prime on power up, run on cranking, or engine speed above 150rpm.  This will allow it to shut down the pumps if you stall or shut the engine down.  To get the fuel pump to prime you can use the setting below where it'll prime for 5 seconds.  

The way I had the water pump controlled on this example I used the strategy the Davis Craig pump controller uses where it switches the pump on and off at varying intervals rather than PMW control for speed, I've also got it running on for 20 seconds after it reaches 60 degrees so it'll stay on after the engine is shut down for the time, it's also run on for 15 seconds after the engine speed is below 400rpm (shut off).

PMU Prime.png

PMU WP1.png

PMU WP2.png