Running through the limiter

KennyJ

i have a rally car in the shop which has the drivers complaint of running through the softcut in 6th gear. it has a powerband that runs until 150 rpm before the limiter. so when in top gear i assume the car had enough momentum to push the engine over its set hardcut.

i have not yet had the time to check the settings but i would assume its on the settings the extreme basemap is on.

do i need a wide range , or small range ? do i start at low % cut or high% cut ? right now the driver has to modulate the throttle to not get the "hitting the wall" feeling.
the ecu has no sensor on the dog roll so i cant setup a different 6th gear setting , also no speed sig

does the engine has electronic throttle? if yes reduce opening when nearing rpm limit.

hard cut won't avoid going past that, same case like is miss shift overrev.

still hard to believe it went through it on accel in 6th gear.

increase start cut will probably help avoid going higher, but will feel more abrupt. increasing range may help but depending on your needs you may miss the 200 rpm if hardcut is the same

its on mechanical itb's so no option to close the throttle

thats indeed how it feels now , hitting a wall ,

it does it every time , i was spectating on the end of the same stage multiple times and its just pushes over the rpm's
it starts softcutting and then goes complete silent , just to pick back up later and doing it again

Really need the log or tune, something would have to be set up quite wrong for a typical rally car engine to be able to overshoot the limiter.  One important factor is make sure it is using ignition cut rather than fuel, since fuel is injected on the previous cycle and is already sitting in the port, you still get full torque for a further engine cycle after cut initiation.