Separate TPS Cals?

K4Tuning

Hey all, is there a way to set up the use of two separate TPS cals on one cal file? Maybe by the use of a virtual or rotary switch input? The reason for the need is because I have my off throttle antilag set up and when going from my main driving map into my antilag map it requires a TPS recal. My antilag is set up using the throttle kicker method and I have my cyclic idle/antilag inactive, and cyclic idle/antilag active maps set up on a rotary switch. It would be nice to have these rotary switch positions also linked to the change in throttle position so that I dont need to hook up my computer and change files and recal the tps all the time. If there is no way around this than there is no issue, just wondering if anyone has any other solution. Thanks!!

Why exactly does the TPS need to be recalibrated when swapping between anti-lag and normal?

I feel there is probably another way to achieve your end goal - but I'm not sure what you're trying to work around / fix by doing a recal when enabling anti-lag.

On 8/17/2023 at 6:07 PM, DerekAE86 said:

Why exactly does the TPS need to be recalibrated when swapping between anti-lag and normal?

I feel there is probably another way to achieve your end goal - but I'm not sure what you're trying to work around / fix by doing a recal when enabling anti-lag.

Hey thanks for the input. Im actually not completely sure why this has to happen or maybe i dont have something set up correctly. But if I Switch from my normal map to my antilag map my rpms want to run away. If i recal the tps to the new throttle open position angle all works fine as should. If i switch back from my antilag map to my normal map the car seems to idle fine, but as soon as i try to drive the car it will hit that recal tps position and almost kill the car. So i have to recal the tps again for my normal driving map and its new tps position then all is good again. Maybe i just need to play with some more settings. I would like to get it to where i dont have to recal the tps again between maps if that is possible. Im open to ideas and suggestions  thanks again for the input.

Are you actually using the Anti Lag & Cyclic Idle settings in the ECU, or are you just switching between two different fuel tables?

Can you share your configuration so we can look at what you're actually trying to do, rather than try to interpret your words?

3 hours ago, Confused said:

Are you actually using the Anti Lag & Cyclic Idle settings in the ECU, or are you just switching between two different fuel tables?

Can you share your configuration so we can look at what you're actually trying to do, rather than try to interpret your words?

Thanks for the input. Below are my 2 current Antilag ON and Antilag off configurations. I have my antilag arming setup as a virtual aux using a rotary switch position. So what im trying to accomplish is one configuration file where its normal driving map and then when the rotary switch position is selected have the system armed. If i do this now from my normal driving cal my rpms will run away until the tps is recalibrated for the new throttle opening position. or if i flash in the seperate antilag calibration where the tps is already recalibrated. I must have something in the settings incorrect and havent found wherre to make changes yet. thanks again for the input.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1NLTMwx5ND35IKjeh49QNjk7VV3Epj_kd?usp=sharing

52 minutes ago, DerekAE86 said:

When your throttle kicker is enabled how much does it open the TPS by?

when the kicker is enabled it is right at 20% open from the normal driving closed position of 0%. So 20% is what the tps reads unless i recal the tps.

We'll need to see a log of it exhibiting the issue, too, but my guess is that Cyclic Idle isn't set up correctly, so at 20% throttle, all the air & fuel that this will usually provide is still being injected completely, hence the revs raising.

My understanding is that the TPS should still be calibrated from your "normal" 0-100 range (without the throttle kicker engaged), which is why there's not an option to have a second calibration for the TPS.

12 hours ago, Adamw said:

Yeah, need to see a log, there should be no need to change the TPS cal with throttle kicker or group N style antilag.

Thanks Adam, I kinda feel the same but I must have something incorrect somewhere. I will see if I can figure it out and get a log to post up. Thanks again.

14 hours ago, Confused said:

We'll need to see a log of it exhibiting the issue, too, but my guess is that Cyclic Idle isn't set up correctly, so at 20% throttle, all the air & fuel that this will usually provide is still being injected completely, hence the revs raising.

My understanding is that the TPS should still be calibrated from your "normal" 0-100 range (without the throttle kicker engaged), which is why there's not an option to have a second calibration for the TPS.

Hey thanks the info. when I have cyclic working it works well as should with no issues. I just need to drive the vehicle and make adjustments where needed. I have not driven the car with antilag on and working yet due to other setup but here are a couple clips of the cyclic working and a stationary throttle blip. Needs further adjustment and isnt right yet but becoming operational. Open to suggestions about further adjustments. thanks again for the input.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HTCTTRznCSMz584H19jU34uOjrO5iTnY?usp=sharing