Software Crashing

craig903

Hi all, My pdm software keeps crashing and Its getting rather frustrating now and I then have to spend half hour trying to reset the dam thing and sometimes as I reset it wipes the saved file blank so I would like to ask for some help in figuring out why it's doing it. I have the software open and then turn on and off outputs via the pin configuration and then it randomly crashes and goes white screen and non responsive. It may take an hour or so to do it. I've uploaded 2 pdm configs so I don't know if they will help. Software is 1.5.93 and pdm firmware is the latest revision. Thanks

306Fury.pdmc New Configuration.pdmc

8 hours ago, Adamw said:

The latest software is 1.699 and latest firmware is 1.645 so start by updating both those.  If you still have issues after that then go to >help >application log and attach copies of those log files here.  

https://linkecu.com/software-support/pdm-link-downloads/

Thanks Adam,

• 4 months later...

Rather then start a new thread I'll add to this one.

Running 1.6.99

If I try to set a GP Logic value (a, b, c or d) back to "None" software will crash. I can do this very consistently. Work around has been to leave the GP logic value as it was and just not use it in the expression, I tried resetting just to keep it tidy. Does not inhibit function in any way.

When it crashes it it wipes the file I had open. Saves the tabs but all the entered values go back to default. So I have since started saving a new file every time make a change.

Tried restarting my computer, tried reinstalling the software and it still does this reliably.

• 1 month later...

Software also crashes if you want to select a parameter and use the search icon, select a parameter and press enter. 
and also on a few other handlings, quite frustrating. Every button you press you need save your work, or if not you can start all over again.

also had a few instances where some outputs are allocated to two functions in the pms setup tree, but if you look to the functions themselves it’s actually not true