Engine Issues after Firmware Update

FubarPerth

Hi,

I've recently updated the Firmware of my G4+ from 5.1.1.2048 to 5.4.1.2482 as I needed to get CAN1 Enabled. I went through the Firmware notes and made sure to check all of the settings that have changed over the revisions. I know I've updated to another old Firmware but I wanted to make sure the CAN1 worked and the changes I made were fine before going further. I've used the 'Compare' feature of PCLink and the only red sections are sections that have been added after the 5.1.1 Version.
The car is a 1998 GC8 WRX and has been running like a dream for 7-8 Years since I've got this ECU.

The Issues:

• Engine will never start on the first try. No matter if its at Operating temperature or not.
  • Once started (and during warm up) if you tap the throttle it will hesitate and bog down - pumping the throttle does get the revs up eventually.
  • When the engine does start, it looks like it's about to die sitting around 200-300 rpm before shooting up to idle rpm.

Once the Engine is at operating temperature you can hit the throttle and it revs fine as it did before the Firmware update, can't really fault it once it's hot.

I've attached 2 Maps. 1 from my old Firmware of 5.1.1 and 1 from the new Firmware 5.4.1.
Also attached is a log from an engine start around ECT 60.

Any help is much appreciated,
Cheers

ECU Log.llg OldFirmware.pclr NewFirmware.pclr

Yeah, please use the current firmware 5.6.8, 5.4.1 is from like 8 years ago so I certainly dont know much about it.  Your symptoms suggest it is leaner and there are certainly many fuel equation changes between 5.1 and 5.4.  

You can downgrade to 5.1 to do a comparison log also if you wish.

Apologies for not upgrading straight to the newest Firmware... I've had bad luck in a previous Job role doing that with other equipment.. stuck in my old ways I guess.

I managed to downgrade to the 5.1 Firmware and it started up perfectly and acted how it normally does. Log Attached (5.1.1 StartupLog)

Upgraded to 5.6.8 - started up perfectly, throttle would hesitate and try to stall the engine.
Once I looked at the log I took a look to see if there was anything noticeably different to the 5.1.1 Log - I found that the TPS Sensor was sitting at 0% the entire time. Log Attached (5.6.8 StartupLog)

Did a TPS Cal and I finally have my car back to how she was, so stoked. Log Attached (5.6.8 AfterTPSCal)

It was kind of nice to see a piece of equipment happily take Old and New Firmware versions and not brick on me. I'm very happy.

Thanks to the both of you for your input! It's very much appreciated:)

5.6.8 StartupLog.llg 5.1.1 StartupLog.llg 5.6.8 AfterTPSCal.llg 5.6.8 MAP.pclr