ECU Master Can Wheel Speed.

k4nnon

Hey all didn’t get a reply towards my earlier post on this topic so decided to word it differently and post again. Looking to do CAN based individual wheel speed input to link G4X for Evo 9. I’m looking at the ECU Master Can wheel speed module. The info on this module says it needs a CAN to usb interface cable to calibrate the module/sensors. Do I need this cable or is the link g4x already set up as a CAN communications module through its own usb cable. I don’t wanna spend $200 on the additional cable if I already have pre existing hardware with link. Please let me know and Thankyou! 

18 hours ago, Vaughan said:

PCLink cannot be used to configure ECUMaster devices.

Might be worth checking if there is anything that actually need configured from the factory default settings for your desired setup.

Hey thanks for the input. I purchased both the Ecumaster CAN wheel speed module as well as the Ecumaster USB to CAN communications module. As far as what you mean by checking factory default stuff what are you meaning by that. I have a usdm Evo 9 and I don’t believe individual wheel speed is sent to the ecu? Am I wrong? Let me know thanks. 

17 hours ago, jrizing said:

Hi, I have the ecumasters CAN Wheel Speed module setup on my FD RX7 and you do need the USB To CAN adapter to set up the correct parameters. 

Thankyou for the input. I did order both so I’ll see how setup goes. Thanks again. 

6 hours ago, k4nnon said:

As far as what you mean by checking factory default stuff what are you meaning by that.

He means if the default settings of the ECU master device may be suitable without having to reconfigure it with the USB to CAN device.  I had a quick look and it probably would have worked with the default settings with some fudging at the Link end to scale the speed correctly.  But there are a couple of default settings that possibly arent ideal such as the arming threshold is 1.5V so you will get a better result with the USB device.  

5 hours ago, Adamw said:

He means if the default settings of the ECU master device may be suitable without having to reconfigure it with the USB to CAN device.  I had a quick look and it probably would have worked with the default settings with some fudging at the Link end to scale the speed correctly.  But there are a couple of default settings that possibly arent ideal such as the arming threshold is 1.5V so you will get a better result with the USB device.  

Thanks Adam for the advice. I have everything I should need to get everything configured properly. I’m just trying to think now about where I need to tap into the wheel speed sensors to send that info to the CAN device. Because the Evo 9 with ACD sends wheel speed from sensors to ABS module I believe, then from ABS to ACD ecu. I would like to keep original functionality of both ABS and ACD if possible. So would it be as simple as just tapping and adding a line between wheel speed sensor and ABS ecu, and the CAN device? Or would it need to be in a specific place such as after the ABS ecu or ACD ecu? That is my next big hurdle. Finding out how to wire this up properly. Any help will be great file. ThNks shin for the input as always.