Iat Mode Question

Wildt267

Link 104x running modeled fuel.  I noticed i have iat mode set to on.  The help file indicates that all applications should be ruining iat correction.  But isn't that already baked into the modeled fuel equation?  Am i basically doubling up on fuel correction?

The charge temperature correction takes care of both the IAT Correction and the warmup correction so neither of those are required when using modeled fuel mode or when using traditional fuel mode with charge temp correction turned on.

17 hours ago, Vaughan said:

The charge temperature correction takes care of both the IAT Correction and the warmup correction so neither of those are required when using modeled fuel mode or when using traditional fuel mode with charge temp correction turned on.

Just to be sure - when you say warmup correction you don't mean warmup enrichment ?

28 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Yes I do mean the Warm Up Enrichment table in the cold start menu, the Charge temp table corrects for both ECT and IAT.

I know this is someone else's thread but I'm using both the warmup enrichment table and the chart temp correction table in all my maps (3 cars) but not the IAT correction table - the way it reads, it sounds like I shouldn't be using the warmup enrichment table either... I might zero it out and see how it starts up cold.. please forgive me if I'm getting the wrong end of the stick.

4 minutes ago, atlex said:

I know this is someone else's thread but I'm using both the warmup enrichment table and the chart temp correction table in all my maps (3 cars) but not the IAT correction table - the way it reads, it sounds like I shouldn't be using the warmup enrichment table either... I might zero it out and see how it starts up cold.. please forgive me if I'm getting the wrong end of the stick.

You will need to adjust the charge temp table after zeroing the warmup enrichment to account for that extra fuel no longer being present.