4efte ECU and full setup. Possible?

myturborolla

Do you have a manual gearbox?

ECU would probably be covered by a G4X Monsoon unless you want a lot of inputs and outputs or plan to do things like E-Throttle.

Monsoon has an internal MAP sensor which sorts that or Link sells MAP sensors or you can use a factory one from the vehicle if you know the calibration of it.

Probably easiest to use the factory water temp sensor but Link does sell water temp sensors too.

For Oil temp you might be better off going for a Bosch combined oil temp and pressure sensor (which Link sells) or Link does also sell appropriate oil temperature only sensors.

For engine loom you're probably best of cutting of the factory ECU plug and pinning it into the Super seal plug that fits the Monsoon (Link sells pin kits). Alternatively if you are handy with wiring you might be able to repin the factory plugs into a Link Plugin ecu as I suspect your ECU will have the same plugs and an ST185 or ST205.

Coil on plug kit you will need to assemble yourself, Caldina gtt coils, 1ZZ coils or any of the other similar toyota coils from that era probably fit, do some research.

@Adamw may be able to help with a startup map.

On 10/18/2023 at 1:16 AM, Vaughan said:

Do you have a manual gearbox?

ECU would probably be covered by a G4X Monsoon unless you want a lot of inputs and outputs or plan to do things like E-Throttle.

Monsoon has an internal MAP sensor which sorts that or Link sells MAP sensors or you can use a factory one from the vehicle if you know the calibration of it.

Probably easiest to use the factory water temp sensor but Link does sell water temp sensors too.

For Oil temp you might be better off going for a Bosch combined oil temp and pressure sensor (which Link sells) or Link does also sell appropriate oil temperature only sensors.

For engine loom you're probably best of cutting of the factory ECU plug and pinning it into the Super seal plug that fits the Monsoon (Link sells pin kits). Alternatively if you are handy with wiring you might be able to repin the factory plugs into a Link Plugin ecu as I suspect your ECU will have the same plugs and an ST185 or ST205.

Coil on plug kit you will need to assemble yourself, Caldina gtt coils, 1ZZ coils or any of the other similar toyota coils from that era probably fit, do some research.

@Adamw may be able to help with a startup map.

Thank you for the information shared.

my gearbox is a manual C 52 on a ep911 Glanza V. The engine has been swapped in a Corolla E11 Hatchback.

for the moment I am running a DET 3 as a piggyback. I bought the female connectors and spliced  the signals from it to avoid cutting the OEM ecu connectors. I can do that again to adopt it to another aftermarket ecu.

I found a few shops online that sell the coil on plug kit with wires to connect to the OEM wire harness. They also sell Link products.

regarding the functions that the link needs to control I am not sure if it is better to replace water, temp and oil temp sensors. Also regarding the throttle position sensor I don’t know which solution would be better to be sure the system would work without problems.

I haven’t found information about that  

I do want to control the idle for the air conditioning so the ECU needs to be with enough inputs and outputs to control water temp, oil, pressure and temp, TPS, A/C.

the engine has a knock sensor as well. What about that?

also, a base map is fundamental to start the engine, and I would never buy a ECU without having one.

it would be nice to have an existing configuration on a 4efte where I could simply add the air conditioning, idle control.

What  do you think?

On 10/25/2023 at 11:39 PM, myturborolla said:

regarding the functions that the link needs to control I am not sure if it is better to replace water, temp and oil temp sensors. Also regarding the throttle position sensor I don’t know which solution would be better to be sure the system would work without problems.

I was assuming you didn't have an oil temp sensor on it already, if you do you can just use that with the Link. Assuming the factory TPS is an analog signal (which is very likely based on other Toyotas I have played with) it will work just fine with the ECU.

I do want to control the idle for the air conditioning so the ECU needs to be with enough inputs and outputs to control water temp, oil, pressure and temp, TPS, A/C.

Monsoon has two temperature inputs (ECT, IAT) 4 analog inputs (TPS, oil pressure, oil temp with an external pullup resistor, one spare) 4 digital inputs (use DI 4 for Knock sensor and any other DI for AC request), 6 general purpose outputs (A/C clutch, 2 or 3 wire idle solenoid but not stepper types, tacho boost control etc).

the engine has a knock sensor as well. What about that?

Monsoons can take Knock sensor signals on DI 4.

also, a base map is fundamental to start the engine, and I would never buy a ECU without having one.

Adamw or KORacing can probably sort you there.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/31/2023 at 1:17 AM, Vaughan said:

I was assuming you didn't have an oil temp sensor on it already, if you do you can just use that with the Link. Assuming the factory TPS is an analog signal (which is very likely based on other Toyotas I have played with) it will work just fine with the ECU.

Monsoon has two temperature inputs (ECT, IAT) 4 analog inputs (TPS, oil pressure, oil temp with an external pullup resistor, one spare) 4 digital inputs (use DI 4 for Knock sensor and any other DI for AC request), 6 general purpose outputs (A/C clutch, 2 or 3 wire idle solenoid but not stepper types, tacho boost control etc).

Monsoons can take Knock sensor signals on DI 4.

Adamw or KORacing can probably sort you there.

Thanks. I was hoping Link had the engine sage start files to be able to drive to the tuner shop. 

• 3 months later...