High Boost switch

James c

Hi

I have just configured 2 boost tables (high and low boost) and setup DI 1 as the pin to do the switching. 

I purchased a latching switch from billet buttons.  These can be used as normally open or normally closed. I have wired it up normally open and when latched in it sends DI1 to ground and switches tables...all pretty straight forward.

Were I'm having trouble is it also has a LED light that I would like to come on when the button is pushed in. The LED requires 12v and a ground but doesn't have its own switch (the earth can be tied into the NO, NC part of the switch to do this).

If I tie the LED earth into the DI side the light is on all the time when the ECU is OFF and the same thing if I tie it to the other side of the switch which makes sense as that's a ground. 

Is the LED finding a ground through the ECU when its OFF and can I add a diode into the DI wire so that current can only flow one way and prevent it back feeding through the ECU.

I think these switches are normally used in this way with a relay which makes it easy, but I don't require a relay as it is using the pullup resistor (low amps)

If I can use a diode in the DI wire any ideas on which one to use.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Vaughan

Also if I use an ignition switched power supply the LED is on in both states (switch latched or not)

Is it possible to configure an ECU output to power the LED positive wire or switch to earth when DI1 is grounded.  If so, what output would be suitable for this. I have used all my AUX outputs but being that the car is running waste spark I think I still have 2 x aux ignition outputs.  Not sure if these can be configured that way. 

Cheers