Water Methanol Injection fully controlled via G4X ? Bypassing AEM controller

Motorism

Hi, I'm using Mini R53 plugin G4X and also using WMI kit from AEM.
I would like to get rid of the AEM controller and drive the pump directly via the ECU.

Could this be possible using a general puprose PWM auxiliary ? Is the ECU capable of providing enough current to the pump ?

image.thumb.png.b1d6c46715fb53d72d577cd8a6a4031d.png

I dont believe the ECU can handle the +10A or so required by the pump. 

You'd also need to setup float level input alongsie with solenoid drive.

Bypassing the AEM will leave you with no safety.. tho their safety seems to be very limited.

I myself run Aquamist.. and that has a flow sensor with adjustable flow "window".

Its driven by Link ECU in conjunction with Aquamist controller. 

If you run too much or too little it will trip.  Pump wise .. Aquamist or AEM is the same Aquatec 5800.

There is a FB WMI group, with tons of info and options.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/366718120329010.

Hope this helps.

In my opinion for fail-safing a water/meth injection, a flow sensor is a great idea, or a pressure sensor between the pump and the nozzle to detect when flow is actually occurring.  A level sensor isn't all that necessary in my opinion as if the level is too low, you won't have flow or pressure in the line from the output of the pump.  That fail safe input shold be set to be seen active before any tuning changes are implemented (using 4D or 5D fuel/ignition tables).  You can also use logic to disable the system or any tuning changes if the AFR goes to a place you aren't happy with while the system is active.  Using ECU logic for fail safing should be capable of doing quite a bit more to prevent possible issues than the typical basic systems can provide on their own.  That is all aside from setting up separate arming and output control.

Does the AEM controller PWM the pump at less than 100% duty?  Can you datalog the AEM controller power to the pump via a digital input on the link to see how it's working?

I agree the outputs on the ecu are not going to handle the pump load directly.  You'll likely need to add a solid state relay for that.