G4+ Fury "Unable to connect to ECU but USB connection is present"

ScoobyDoobyLoo

Hi all, I'm having trouble connecting my computer to a G4+ Fury. I was able to connect to it a few months ago on a different laptop, but can't get anywhere with it now. Whenever I try to connect it just gives me the message "Unable to connect to ECU but USB connection is present. Please cycle the power to the ECU."

The ecu is running the engine perfectly, just can't connect to it at all. I have it connected correctly (to COM port with orange O ring), the com port numbers are matching as well as the baud rate. I've tried different com ports both below and above 8 but still nothing. 

There are no other CAN auxiliaries plugged in either as I heard this can cause these kind of issues. I can update the firmware but it is up to date (Version 5.6.8) and I've reinstalled the firmware just to be sure but there's no change.

My current computer will connect to other link ECU's just fine, though they are G4X ecus with the new G5 software.

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

You're using the software to update the firmware, but it's otherwise unable to go online with the ecu?  That seems like a settings issue - have you uninstalled and reinstalled the link software?  Clear the temporary appdata first possibly - not sure if this would have an affect but I know there are some settings saved there.  That file folder is usually: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\PCLink.

@Adamw basically when I connect i can't access the ecu, but for some reason it will let me change the firmware version of the ecu. My laptop confirms it has a connection to the ecu (also there's no error with the com port drivers/no warning triangle by the port in device manager), and the g4+ software sees there's a USB connection present, but is not able to access it. Acting almost like the ecu is connected but switched off, but have correct power and ground to the ecu 

@koracing I've tried reinstalling the g4+ software and also using older versions to see if that will make any difference but no luck. Will try that app data trick though, thanks