dash delete alternator issue subaru

arnosub

Hi,

Since I removed the original subaru wrx dash (2002), I no longer have a charge for my battery.
I wanted to replace the original light with an LED light but this one stays on all the time and my battery remains at 12.8V.
When I reconnect the original dash, the charging light goes out and the battery charges at 14.2V.
So there is a link with the dash and I probably have to modify my wiring but I don't see what I should do.
Below the original diagram, there seems to be a resistor + a diode above the LED indicator.

alternator.PNG

to give more detail, I currently only have one LED between the + and terminal B1

Many alternators need significant current flowing through the lamp circuit, into the alternator to excite the field.  The factory dash possibly has a parallel resistor across the LED or some type of high-draw LED to achieve this. Your LED, if it was designed to work at 12V will likely have some current limiting resistor in series built-in making it even less likely to work.  

I would try adding something like a 100ohm, 5W resistor (note these are relatively big) across the LED like below.

tofVECD.png

as adam states above , i do this with rally subaru's all the time.

i go from B+ bolt to L , i dont add a lamp as you can set low voltage triggers on aim display on system voltage

NOTE: i go from B+ to L as these cars have circuit breakers , it would drain the battery on normal cars who keep feeding tje alternator B+

thanks all

actually, I replaced my LED with a 100ohm resistor and the voltage is 14.2V. It's a 1/4W resistor, could this be suitable?
On the other hand, KennyJ, I don't see where the shift between B+ and L is located?Is this the part that I circled in blue?

image.png.1605e881070afa7312795232330bc355.png