RX7 STAGGED INJECTION

TOMMYFD

Hey guys got an issue and don't know if this is normal or if I have my staging ratio wrong.

My afr's are good but when my secondaries kick in I lean for about 200 milliseconds then my afr's go back to normal is this normal or should i play around with my stagging ratio?

Thanks I will try the accel fuel and see the difference.

Something else I want to figure out is im out of injectors at 7700@84% duty cycle and I want to rev to 8400.

Im in modelled mode with fp sensor fuel system type and im currently on 48 psi base pressure if I want to increase my base pressure to 56 psi the only thing I have to do is lean out my fuel map or should I change anything else in my settings?

Fuel table specifies the Volumetric efficiency, volumetric efficiency is used to calculate mass of air entering engine, lambda target and stoichiometric ratio is used to calculate desired mass of fuel, desired mass of fuel is converted into an injection pulsewidth taking into account fuel density, injector flow rate at a specified pressure and the current differential pressure.

if you have a specified flow rate at a particular differential pressure you can calculate the flow rate at a different differential pressure and the ECU does this calculation automatically when set up correctly.

18 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Fuel table specifies the Volumetric efficiency, volumetric efficiency is used to calculate mass of air entering engine, lambda target and stoichiometric ratio is used to calculate desired mass of fuel, desired mass of fuel is converted into an injection pulsewidth taking into account fuel density, injector flow rate at a specified pressure and the current differential pressure.

if you have a specified flow rate at a particular differential pressure you can calculate the flow rate at a different differential pressure and the ECU does this calculation automatically when set up correctly.

Shouldnt i be in closed loop lambda so the ECU can calculate the desired mass of fuel?

One more point to add to this discussion that I didn't see mentioned - you do need to have accurate characterization data on your injectors (i.e., flow @ rated base diff. FP, dead times vs. diff. FP & voltage, SPWA table data) to plug in to your tune so modeled mode can do its thing as well as it normally does.

Have you confirmed the sec/pri flow ratio is correct by switching between 0% and 100% in the staging table?

Assuming that is correct then just reduce your staged injection accel fuel until you get the smoothest transition possible, dont worry about the lambda so much, but more the feel.   

Also, (not related to staged injection) you should put non-zero values in your accel cold correction table as you have no accel fuel at all right now.