using factory cruise buttons

cwhite951

I would like to implement the cruise control in my project (LS3 in a TJ Jeep). Don't really use it much, its more of a technical challenge to make it work. The factory buttons on the steering wheel have 5 total buttons. they are on one wire and work by engaging a resistor when each is pushed 

image.png.2732d04971e574d1e8891aa9d1f7083b.png

Wondering how to use this with my Link ECU (its DBW with speed input)

Hook it up to an analog input with a pullup to 5v on the input too (I assume the resistors pull to ground). Unsure of what resistance pullup you would want without sitting down and doing some math.

You could also use a spare an temp input which has a built in pullup of 1k for temp 3 and 4 or selectable pullup of 1k, 10k or no pullup on temp 1 and 3.

2 hours ago, Vaughan said:

You could also use a spare an temp input which has a built in pullup of 1k for temp 3 and 4 or selectable pullup of 1k, 10k or no pullup on temp 1 and 3.

I already went through the hassle of wiring in a pullup resistor to the 5V ref for my resistive cruise buttons, I didn't think of using a temp input like that. I may have to go redo that wiring to free up a normal AI.