honda eg b18 with honed development trigger kit

ivanyuen02

On 3/22/2024 at 3:33 AM, ls joker said:

On paper, i dont see why it wouldnt work. The ecu would be getting trigger1 inputs from the oem crank sensor(long as the function is actually connected on the ecu pinouts). Then trigger2 would be as simple as installing honeds cam sensor kit. I hope youre talking about their new cam only kit(shown below). Then just wiring up the 12v, signal ground, and signal to the ecu pinouts. 

https://honeddevelopments.com/product/cam-angle-sensor-basic/

All youd really be doing is changing how trigger2 is being inputted if im understanding you correctly. By removing thd distributor and installing the oem hall effect sensor kit. Youve been talking about it on honda tech for awhile.

Thanks. 

Yeah, I'm going to step into it most likely. My temporary engine is going in soon and it's jdm so there is no CKF. Plan is to get up and running with the distributor so I can get up and running. Only item I am missing right now for this phase is a CAN-Lambda but I'm kind of holding out for a brand new MoTeC LTC that's slated for the scrap pile at work.  

For step 2 I will need to build a new ecu side loom or rework my current OBD2B one a bit to add in the extra features. 

Step 3 will be the rebuilt engine going back in. At this point I can decide what I want to use to trigger. Two channel Honed kit would be the easy button, it can be readily subbed in for the distributor since all of the connections needed are already there in the disto plug. CKF will aslo be present (2-pin B-series VR style), only a pin move at the ecu side should be necessary to get it working. 

Mostly I've just been looking for someone who has used the CKF successfully (or not and can explain), as I've only ever heard anecdotally that it won't, but haven't ever had the opportunity to try it myself and understand why.

I love this stuff.... should be fun!

im glade those settings work on your b18 mine not so much just tries then back fires loud enough my neighbors are complaining. not like this is a new thing but it would be nice to get this thing running just once without a complaint i own my house so its not like they can do anything, its just annoying more then anything else! so how do i set this up without the backfire? all forged internals sleeved so i don't think it will hurt the engine but i try not to think anymore when it comes to this i would just like some hint in the right direction? another day of this and it might get put in the row of rust and just get my integra out and install a engine in that and junk the civic due to triggers i cant figure out! I've already lost one laptop somewhere in the neighbors yard after the 25th attempt my laptop went for a one way trip by air next door! now before i give up and stuff this out back or air mail anymore laptops the offset in my car is apparently not 240, 109, 260, 280, 300, 150, 130,95, 105, 122, 315, 0r 330 so what now i dont want to wash out the cylinders witch I'm sure I'm close after a week of attempts or does anyone want to buy it for the $15,000 im now into this after link, and trigger kits, twin discs, multiple transmissions,  just to make one that works im not short on cash just patient's with this thing it brakes every other week and i try to update anything whenever possible hints the trigger kit and the link ecu this car used to be a daily now im lucky if its once a month and it doesn't get towed home! i havent even made a car show in the last 6 months cause this wont run now before i give up please help before my row of rust gains yet another hopeless project!

You will get better help if you describe the problem you are trying to solve, describe the engine and ignition set up, and attach a trigger scope, a copy of your tune and a PC log of a start attempt.  I cant really make any sense of your post except that it sometimes backfires?  Have you set base timing?  Has it run correctly before you fitted the trigger?  

8 hours ago, civic84.5mm said:

im glade those settings work on your b18 mine not so much just tries then back fires loud enough my neighbors are complaining. not like this is a new thing but it would be nice to get this thing running just once without a complaint i own my house so its not like they can do anything, its just annoying more then anything else! so how do i set this up without the backfire? all forged internals sleeved so i don't think it will hurt the engine but i try not to think anymore when it comes to this i would just like some hint in the right direction? another day of this and it might get put in the row of rust and just get my integra out and install a engine in that and junk the civic due to triggers i cant figure out! I've already lost one laptop somewhere in the neighbors yard after the 25th attempt my laptop went for a one way trip by air next door! now before i give up and stuff this out back or air mail anymore laptops the offset in my car is apparently not 240, 109, 260, 280, 300, 150, 130,95, 105, 122, 315, 0r 330 so what now i dont want to wash out the cylinders witch I'm sure I'm close after a week of attempts or does anyone want to buy it for the $15,000 im now into this after link, and trigger kits, twin discs, multiple transmissions,  just to make one that works im not short on cash just patient's with this thing it brakes every other week and i try to update anything whenever possible hints the trigger kit and the link ecu this car used to be a daily now im lucky if its once a month and it doesn't get towed home! i havent even made a car show in the last 6 months cause this wont run now before i give up please help before my row of rust gains yet another hopeless project

the back fires are due to your timing offset being incorrect, are you pressing enter to turn box blue,  have you used a used a timing gun to see where you are at. I was like 50 off. Timing light is needed to get you close and then verify ecu timing vs real spark timing.