2jz Rich Idle, lean and bogging throttle

kdaig1

Prefix: I am not a tuner and am just trying to get the car drivable to take to a tuner.

Background:

2JZ Na + T
Large FFIM + 90mm TB - stock 2JZGTE TPS
NO IACV - deleted
New Bosch 731cc injectors @ 3bar
Fuel pressure set to 4bar
Fuel pump 12v mod - maintaining 4bar on FPR gauge
Aeroflow MAP sensor - calibrated and appears correct

Bosch UEGO wideband sensor through generic controller with linear calibration

Ignition:

6 x yaris coils
Trigger signal from distributor sensors

Engine runs and idles, easy start without throttle - although rich
Leans out under throttle and bogs down - the faster you stab the worse it is - maintaining the throttle seems to fix

Likely an issue with my idle ignition I do not appear to have an idle ignition control table even with idle ignition control switched on either(why?). I have also had to turn master fuel down to 5ms for it to idle (still rich). Likely many other things wrong with my map as well (please help).

jacks 2jz pt 3.pclx

throttle issue.llgx jacks 2jz pt 4.pclx

While looking over the log myself I noticed that the closed loop wideband stoich wasn't active/set up.

I quickly amended this with (guessed) settings, opened throttle plate with screw a little bit and smoothed some of the fuel 1 values to match predefined lambda targets and it runs alot better. I have a feeling that my master fuel is still too high given the fuel table values being so low. I also am not sure that my ignition control idle is working at all. All your advice is appreciated so I can feel confident to take it to the tuner!

Attached is the amended map and the new log

jacks 2jz pt 5.pclx rich issue with lambda control active.llgx

The idle ignition is working in your log, and is removing as much ignition as allowed (0 BTDC). The issue is that your idle target is set to 0RPM for all coolant temperatures. Set those to some realistic values and you should see it work. In the G4X ECU idle ignition doesn't use a table like in G4+, if that's what you were looking for. Instead it uses a PID system and you specify the min and max ignition angles, and set a proportional and derivative gain for the PID algorithm.

I have made some adjustments to your map as a better starting point.  I have good data for those injectors so I have converted your map to modelled fuel equation.  Fixed up the accel fuel and idle ign and turned off a few things to simplify initial tuning.  Leave CLL off for now.    

Are you sure the MAP sensor calibration is correct?  I dont see any 4bar MAP sensor on their website?

What wideband controller do you have? The calibration on this is quite odd also. 

Make sure base timing is set, then with the engine warmed up and idling, adjust the throttle stop so that it is idling somewhere close to target with the ignition timing bouncing around about 5BTDC, this will allow a bit more air flow and advance to give it the best chance of idling when cold with no idle valve.  

jacks 2jz V6.pclx

Thank you Ricardo and Adam

Adam, I ran your map and captured a log for you to see. To my lay eyes and ears lambda looks better, significantly less throttle hesitation - especially when warmed up. When cold, hesitation/bogging on throttle is mega but idles find without any throttle input.

Base timing set and right on the mark with timing light, idle about 8-900 steady. I did perform the calibration lock screen function and as I am using a distributor for crank and cam signals, rotated it to match the value that I input to the first box.

Sorry about the confusion above - my MAP sensor is a 3 bar aeroflow sensor (AF 49-1552)-I used the data from the manual for the linear calibration found here AF49-1552.pdf (aeroflowperformance.com)
My Fuel pressure reg is cheap and there is a restriction somewhere which means my base fuel pressure is 4 bar - but is stable.
My wideband controller is AEM 30-4110.

How does this new log look to you?

running on jacks 2jz v6 thanks adam.llgx

Looks better.  Would need to see a cold start log to see if it is too rich or too lean causing the hesitation.  

Jesus that MAP sensor datasheet really shows they have no clue.  Its actually a 4bar MAP sensor, yet they call it 3bar and then state it is only good for 2 bar boost, it clearly has a 400kpa range.  And the table at the bottom labelled "Absolute Pressure Vs Voltage", is actually showing gauge pressure.   

Be aware that the 30-4110 does not have a ground reference on the analog output and so the signal in the ecu can be offset from the gauge reading (gauge reading should be correct, and usually requires tweaking to read the same in the ecu).  This also can sometimes change as time goes on and you end up chasing this calibration.  Preference should be a wideband with CAN communication (like the AEM X-Series 30-0300 or 30-0310) or the Link CAN Lambda.  Short of CAN communication, a wideband with analog output that includes a ground reference wire on the output would be advisable.