Set ignition drives to different cylinder

Lcado

So I'm trying to get my g4+ ns15 plugin wired up properly on my gtir with extra sensors and direct spark. My car came factory with a distributor. I noticed the expansion harness 2 has ignition drives 5,6, and 7. So i thought link set this up so you can convert to direct spark easily, Awesome! I wired it all up this way with ign1 to cyl1, ign5 to cyl2 etc. Now it looks like that this is not the case. Im aware i can repin the ecu connector. I do not want to do that. I really don't think this should be as much of a nightmare as it's turning out to be. Additionally, I haven't changed the fuel injector wiring. So ign1 is to cyl1 and ign2 is to cyl2 etc.

Unfortunately no, you can't reassign outputs in G4+, ignition drives have to be in sequence - Ignition 1 through X.

It is a new feature they've added to the latest release of the G4X firmware, however... not that it really helps you!

The "spare" "Ignition" outputs on the expansion port can be used as extra auxiliary outputs for various other function, but ignition can't skip over "unused" ignition outputs.

If you need sequential ignition, you're going to have to re-pin Ign 1-4 on the main header.

The only wire you should need to move would be the fan on pin 9.  The fan wire can be moved to whichever of pin 105 or 106 is not being used.  Ign 2 & 3 on pin 2 & 8 should already be empty slots as far as I remember. 

Well at least it's addressed now with the g4x. I guess I'll put a DT connector inline so I can go back to stock wiring if I need to without having to think about it. Thanks for help guys. I reckon I'll be back with more questions sooner or later. :)