FURY X JZX100 Air Conditioning

Hartsock_Motorsports

Howdy,

What does the JZX100 chassis need from the ECU and or engine to make the air conditioning function correctly?

I see the JZX100 pnp uses can2 for AC and factory temp gauge to be happy.  I have an aftermarket display so the factory temp gauge is no longer in use.  How do I wire up one of my bus's to make the AC computer function correctly?  No matter what I have tried the ac switch doesn't send any kind of signal out to the Fury ecu.  I can manually activate the AC comp from the aux test function.

• 2 months later...
On 2/13/2024 at 11:12 AM, Hartsock_Motorsports said:

I will try this today.  Thank you, Adam.

Did this setting work for you? I set up as pictured above on my JZX100 and it doesn't seem to be allowing the AC button to activate the DI on the ECU. I want to be sure that this solved the issue before I go digging into my wiring again. 

44 minutes ago, ScherzDaddy said:

Did this setting work for you? I set up as pictured above on my JZX100 and it doesn't seem to be allowing the AC button to activate the DI on the ECU. I want to be sure that this solved the issue before I go digging into my wiring again. 

No it didn’t work and I still haven’t found a solution. 

31 minutes ago, Hartsock_Motorsports said:

No it didn’t work and I still haven’t found a solution. 

Bummer. I've seen some guys have success with this, but unfortunately, I am not. 

I would experiment with setting your frequency to 1.0, 1.5, 2.0 and for the DC table try stepping through values 10/20/30/40 etc (change it to a single cell or put the same DC right across) to see if there is any combination that hits the sweet spot.  

On 5/9/2024 at 6:58 PM, Adamw said:

I would experiment with setting your frequency to 1.0, 1.5, 2.0 and for the DC table try stepping through values 10/20/30/40 etc (change it to a single cell or put the same DC right across) to see if there is any combination that hits the sweet spot.  

OK, I'll take a look and see if I can find the sweet spot. I validated that everything in the wiring is working correctly and I'm able to trigger the DI by grounding the wire, but it will not trigger with the AC switch in the climate control. 

On 5/12/2024 at 7:01 AM, Adamw said:

The AC amp originally had a tacho signal from the ignitor, have you maintained that?

When you refer to the AC Amp, is that different than the climate control unit? I have the factory ignitor and the factory coils, but an aftermarket harness. My tach works in the dash, and I have the signal at what I think is the correct plug, I just want to check the signal at the AC Amp and confirm correctly.

As per the diagram for the cluster and the AC system, it shows that it should be the same plug and pin, CG1-A. Is this correct? I can get you screen shots of the full diagram if needed, this is just what I used to confirm.

May be an image of blueprint, floor plan, map and text

On 2/13/2024 at 4:31 AM, Adamw said:

It is effectively a slow PWM coded temperature signal.  Connect the THWO wire to an aux output 1-10 and try the setup below.

zPiSHym.png

Could this work, in theory, on a NB1 miata plug n play?

1 hour ago, moneypityata said:

Could this work, in theory, on a NB1 miata plug n play?

Why would you want a Miata ecu to generate a JZX100 THWO signal?  Are you putting the Miata ECU into a JZX?

7 hours ago, moneypityata said:

I meant that I’m having a similar problem. G4x pnp, ic7 dash and the ac trigger isn’t activating when I press the button to activate it. 

NB1 MX5 ac system is very different to JZX100, for your ac request to work in an NB1 from memory you need short circuit across AC pressure switch, happy temperature sensor on the core in the car, switch pressed and interior blower motor not off. Most common issue I have seen in MX5s is lack of pressure in the AC system so find your AC Pressure switch and put a multimeter across it to see if it is open circuit or short circuit.