Max clamp fuel table with low injector duty cycle.

eldrblack

Hello guys i will like to read your opinions, i went to tune my car today. Gave me 354 whp with 314 tq at 8psi. But my data shows  my close loop lambda correction at 40% i had to increase the correction. My ve table is maxed out 150 in some cells, but i continue to have lean conditions. i hope someone can point me in the right direction.

log se va pobre.llgx mapa se va pobre.pclx

This would likely mean the injectors dont flow the stated flowrate, or the fuel pressure is lower than stated.  Your fuel pressure sensor is not working in the log so I would start by confirming that.  

I will show you guys how i fix this issue. My main problem was running out of cell values in the main fuel table, i was going into 150 and the car was lean.

I was tunning on e100. the simple fix was to move back to traditional mode (fuel equation) and adjust the Master fuel trim, i put 30 % and the values of the table were multiplied,and now i have enough resolution to finish the job.

That is not a "fix". Traditional mode is completely different than modelled mode.  In modelled mode the numbers in the fuel table number represent % volumetric efficiency.  This is how much air the engine is flowing, not how much fuel.  It is not possible for a for a typical road car engine to have a VE higher than 150%.

If you are using E100, then most of your problem is you have the stoichometric ratio and fuel density set to gasoline values.  The other issue is your ethanol sensor is using the wrong edge so the fuel temp is exagerated.

You could equally say you fixed it by fitting a carburettor, but most would argue that or traditional fuel equation is not a fix to the problem you had, it is just a more basic alternative method to supply fuel. 

Modelled fuel equation is based on calculating the mass of air ingested and adding the correct fuel mass to it, if you input the wrong fuel data then the fuel mass will be calculated wrong.  Traditional mode is purely based on a commanded pulse width, the ecu has no idea of air or fuel mass so there are no fuel settings to get wrong.  

On 2/25/2024 at 2:32 PM, Adamw said:

You could equally say you fixed it by fitting a carburettor...

*LEGEND* Best comment ever!  I often say something similar when people ask why "I'm making tuning so complicated" by wanting to know all the information about their injectors, engine, and fuel.