Thunder Datalog issue

AbbeyMS

Anyone running a Thunder have issue when the ECU doesnt save a log? Been out with a car today running a Thunder G4+ out of 8 sessions on the track it didn't log for 2 sessions 0% data after run. Nothing changed in the CAL file.

Had this on a few Thunder ECU controlled cars.

Any input tech guys @Vaughan @Adamw

thanks

Yes It has been reported before but we never been able to reproduce it, the firmware team investigated several times and couldn't find the cause.  Is the logger using the control conditions in this case or is it just recording all the time?  I have a vague recollection from the last report that my initial feeling was it may be related to the control condition not triggering when it should. 

These are the Logging Parameter's used. I think when we get back out next week I will just use a Single control say just RPM. If the other parameters are left @ 0 are they not used in the control of the datalogging?

image.png.a1a5dd24a9ba8ee9ce5f89b419222f1b.png

After testing I've noticed if you dont close the log download window before disconnecting the ecu USB. The ecu logging status will say hold logging for download. Upon reconnecting to the ecu the logging status displays the "hold for download" message and when trying to download a log there is nothing in the memory. 

To get the ecu to start logging again I have to reopen the logging download window and close it while connected to the ecu to get the logging status to say OFF then the ecu will log again.

• 2 weeks later...

So back out with the car last week , Datalogging set up to trigger just on RPM , making sure the log pop up is turned off before pulling the USB, 10 sessions all with data. So next time I think I need to add the old datalog trigger set up and see what happens