Altezza 3SGE BEAMS won't start

Gsosa99

PC Datalog - 2024-03-13 11;35;13 am.zipAttached is my data log I had to compress it because I had it recording for a while without knowing but at first I could get it to start but not idle and the engine would stall. After I turned off the E-throttle setting (because I don't have one installed) I now can't get the engine to turn over. The only mods I have installed is an BLITZ supercharger with larger fuel injectiors which i don't know the size of. TL;DR I have no idea what I'm doing :)

1 hour ago, Gsosa99 said:

PC Datalog - 2024-03-13 11;35;13 am.zipAttached is my data log I had to compress it because I had it recording for a while without knowing but at first I could get it to start but not idle and the engine would stall. After I turned off the E-throttle setting (because I don't have one installed) I now can't get the engine to turn over. The only mods I have installed is an BLITZ supercharger with larger fuel injectiors which i don't know the size of. TL;DR I have no idea what I'm doing :)

Post a copy of your currnet tune also.

Looking at your log I can only tell you have no lambda set up, and your map sensor isn't plumbed properly as it never changes even with RPM going to 2000+ at one point.

When you say now you can't get the engine to turn over - are you saying the starter is no longer spinning the motor (turning it over) or just that it spins but won't fire up?

You also say you don't have e-throttle, but you're getting signals in that log for APS main and sub, and TPS main and sub.  Pics of your setup, throttle pedal, throttle bodies, etc. may help.

By turn over I mean I can't get it to start and for the map plumbing I didn't secure it properly and it came off the nipple when i was routing it. I have a AEM wideband installed with analong input to the ecu but I can't use the quick tune because it says ECT lockout. Also the picture attached is the only I have I am currently not able to take any more pictures of the car but the throttle body uses a cable to operate the butterfly valve 

IMG_9542.JPG

Toyota Altezza SXE10 7Bar G4X plugin.pclx

Your Lambda 1 value stays at zero the entire datalog, so something isn't right there.  Are you seeing anything on the gauge?  When you saved that tune file your Lambda 1 was reading .499 lambda - which should be below the possible analog output value of the AEM X-Series UEGO which is what your calibration is set to.  You connected both the white wire and the brown wire for the analog outputs?

Certainly in your datalog you had the E-throttle settings enabled, but in the most recent tune file you posted it is shut off.  The TPS does need calibration as your TPS main open and closed are both set to 0.45V which can cause issues with too much accel fuel with even some noise on that signal.  Your fuel table also looks super rich around the idle areas in my opinion, but I know this is just the base fuel table.  You are on stock injectors and all fuel system?

I would see if openning the throttle helps as you could just be flooded and fouling the spark plugs at this poing between cranking with no map signal, and change in throttle type may make the values in the fuel table quite different.

Yea I have the AEM wideband wired properly I don’t know why it’s reading like that honestly and no the injectors are not stock I have no idea what size the are unfortunately but it does just seem like a fuel issue because when turning fuel off and cranking it( to test ignition and clear out some of that delicious fuel in them cylinders) it starts and revs for a short while before dying (obviously). So since I don’t know the injectors size and my brand new somewhat expensive wideband is not widebanding properly do I have to guess the proper fuel size? Also a little more information the larger injectors were installed because the supercharger made the car run lean with the cold air intake with inner cooler so before i started this the car ran a little rich especially at idle.

If the lambda is reporting something close to accurate - .499 is VERY rich.  If you want to keep it on traditional mode then you should start by dropping the master fuel down quite a bit if you're definitely running rich - it's 16 right now so maybe try 8-10 and see if that helps. 

If you can take some pictures of the injectors or find any kind of part number on them, maybe someone on here might recognize them and be able to help you figure out what they are.

On 3/25/2024 at 2:32 AM, Gsosa99 said:

but the throttle body uses a cable to operate the butterfly valve

That is actually an electronic throttle unless someone has modified it.  The cable drives the APS sensor, then the motor drives the actual throttle blade.  The cable does move the throttle blade somewhat as a "limp home" function, but you wont get full throttle without the motor driving it - unless it has been modified to be fully mechanical.  

You  guys have been a big help thank so much for helping me so far! I was under the impression that since there's a cable that the throttle was only operated that way but I've fixed that and was able to calibrate it but the tps gauge on the program doesn't move and also I found out the fuel injectors are the part number is 23250-74200 51j and they appear to be 540cc injectors. I can now get the car started and rev it buttttt I can not get it to idle if you guys could bear with me a little bit longer I will love you all foreverPC Datalog - 2024-04-2 12;02;28 pm no idle.llgxToyota Altezza SXE10 7Bar G4X plugin Modelled no idle.pclx

The data in that log doesnt match the settings in the map provided.  Can you attach a copy of the map that was running the engine when the log was recorded, or if that is the current map then do a new log with that map.  It is no use making suggestions based on data that was made with different settings.  

Your E-throttle target table is nearly empty.  Your idle base position may also need to increased if it won't idle on its own.  You're also running very rich.  Try this tune:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/o2b6mzc8ctsan9xn247af/Gsosa99-Toyota-Altezza-SXE10-7Bar-G4X-plugin-Modelled-fuel-E-throttle-table-filled.pclx?rlkey=soimrbcd6rjf5u06yb0q3c8a2&dl=0

Thanks for the help! Finally got her started, got the AFR to read an average of 12.8, and got the idle to stabilize. Now I gotta figure out how to set up a relay system for the supercharger. Again thanks for your help!