ECU Error Code 70

bpre350z

Car is an 05 Nissan 350z - Car was running fine until my throttle body gears sheared off and I had to get a replacement. After I installed the throttle body, the car began to idle real low(around 400 rpm) and eventually would either stall out or put me into limp mode(the car would drive normal when I would gas it). I got Error Code 70 when I pulled it the ecu.I figured that the TPS would just need to be recalibrated as that's typical when you swap them(I usually just do the pedal dance on a stock ecu), but I calibrated both TPS and APS in PCLink and still have the same fault. I also reset the battery and changed the Min Clamp DC down to -30 from -95 and this seems to keep the car from stalling/going into limp mode but I still get the code. Is this something on the simple side that I can do myself (with the forums guidance) or do I have to shell out the cash to have it looked at? Any help on what you think might be causing this would be greatly appreciated!

I would post a copy of your tune and a PC log file of you attempting the calibration in the software in setup mode, and then a log with it set to ON with some idling/driving to let someone here get some data on your situation.

The TPS hasnt been calibrated or you didnt store after doing a calibration.  So the error is from the throttle hitting the mechanical stop before reaching the commanded position.

TPS main and sub should show very similar values when calibrated.  Put the min clamp back to -95 before doing the cal.

hy88bwl.png

That seems to have definitely smoothed out the idle, sitting pretty steady (with a few occational small flutters) at 1100 rpm in park, 810 rpm in drive (both idle),I took it for a drive and it seems like it had no issues when applying throttle. I will attach the logs below just so you can give them a quick look over to make sure nothing seems off, really appreciate the guidance Adam!

Second Log.llgx

If you copy the idle control settings out of our 350Z base map it will likely behave a bit better.  The basemap has closed loop idle enabled and idle ignition control which helps a lot with E-throttle engines.  

6 hours ago, Adamw said:

If you copy the idle control settings out of our 350Z base map it will likely behave a bit better.  The basemap has closed loop idle enabled and idle ignition control which helps a lot with E-throttle engines.  

I have a slightly larger throttle body (75mm) than stock, will these settings still work well with it?