MR TM

tmgillett

Hi all,

Wonder if anyone can help, I have a Link G4+ ECU on my Evo, it seems to be cutting fuel by 90% and ignition by 100% when on boost, this happens almost every time.

I've managed to get some logs of it happening but I have no idea how to find the parameter that is being met to cause this cut.

Any advice would be so greatly appreciated.

Here is the log with the issues!

SHORT BOOST CUT.llg

Would be useful to share your configuration, too, it provides more context when looking at the log.

There might be a combination of things that could cause it, that the log alone may not show.

You have a trigger error causing the RPM to spike above the RPM limit.  If it happens regularly at high loads then I would suspect noise from the ignition system.  Make sure it has resistor sparkplugs and leads, possibly try reducing plug gap and dwell to reduce spark voltage, check coil grounds are clean and in good condition, etc.   

Another possibility if it is an Evo 4+ is the cam sensor is quite prone to failure, especially if it has an aftermarket exhaust manifold with no heat shield.  

13 hours ago, Confused said:

Would be useful to share your configuration, too, it provides more context when looking at the log.

There might be a combination of things that could cause it, that the log alone may not show.

Hi sorry it’s an Evo V, spec is below:

•    ND 3.5” exhaust
    •    ND 2.0LR forged engine
    •    ND 6.5R turbo kit
    •    Magnus Inlet
    •    ID1300 injectors
    •    ND Intercooler kit
    •    Link G4+ ecu

Dyno’d at 725hp recently and all was ok for around 150 miles, then started cutting out when on boost and feels like you have hit a brick wall!

2 hours ago, Adamw said:

You have a trigger error causing the RPM to spike above the RPM limit.  If it happens regularly at high loads then I would suspect noise from the ignition system.  Make sure it has resistor sparkplugs and leads, possibly try reducing plug gap and dwell to reduce spark voltage, check coil grounds are clean and in good condition, etc.   

Another possibility if it is an Evo 4+ is the cam sensor is quite prone to failure, especially if it has an aftermarket exhaust manifold with no heat shield.  

Hi thank you the reply, appreciate it.

It’s an Evo V and it ran perfectly for 150 miles post remap, I will definitely look into the Cam Sensor if you think that could be causing it, I’ve attached a picture of the engine bay for reference.

IMG_7386.jpeg

Are those toyota coils?  Are they known genuine denso or bosch, not clones?  I've seen some crazy noise generated by some "fake" denso/toyota copies. 

The dwell of 4.2mS shown in your log is also way too excessive for those, usually they dont like any more than about 2.1ms, so fix that and confirm the spark plugs are resistor type.  Also since it is a non-stock ign system, confirm the coils are grounded to the cylinder head.    

Hi thanks for the reply.

They were fitted by Norris Designs less than 150 miles ago so can only assume they are genuine and to spec.

I think I am going to replace the cam position sensor as you previously mentioned as sometimes it even has issues starting after cutting out from being on boost.

I’m no expert here, but would replacing the cam position sensor resolve these issues with the dwell?

21 hours ago, tmgillett said:

I’m no expert here, but would replacing the cam position sensor resolve these issues with the dwell?

No, dwell comes from a table in the ecu, so this is set up wrong.