dbw

Matthew Ball

hey there first time on the forum i just installed my dbw does the throttle body supposed to make noise at closed throttle not sure about the settings it opens the throttle body just a slight bit and makes noise with no pedal given when dbw is turned on i could do with some pointers on setting this up its a g4x plug in with external module Bosch 60mm and bosch pedal on a rb25det matts car 4.pclx

IMG_20240417_195758.jpg

It’s normal to hear a high pitched whine from the throttle when it’s actively controlling. If it bothers you you can enable the “quiet throttle” setting where the throttle will only run while the engine is running. 

yes i found the run throttle and quiet throttle settings an i get that what i meant to say is my target throttle idle target table is at zero for rpm and the temp that it reads didnt know why it still cracks open the throttle plate off the park position about a millimetre or 2 i thought the throttlebody would be quiet if it stayed fully closed as i thought the motors in the throttlebody would not have to be working i am new to dbw so im just trying to find that out

With most electronic throttle bodies the "sprung position" is partially open - usually about 7%.  So the throttle blade will sit at about 7% open naturally when unpowered.  If your engine needs say only 3% to idle, or you are targeting 0%, then the throttle needs to be "driven" to that "more closed" position.   You will see the motor duty cycle report negative duty cycle when it is being driven closed from the natural position and positive when it is being driven in the open direction.  

Be aware also the Bosch datasheets say the throttle shaft must be within +/-20deg of horizontal, yours looks possibly closer to vertical in that pic.  I cant say if this will be an issue or not as I have never tried one mounted vertical and dont really know the reason - it may be related to a mechanical effect like the blade binding in the bore or it may be something less obvious like a water ingress consideration.

44 minutes ago, Matthew Ball said:

My duty cycle is at 90 and -90 I tried changing the -side didn't seem to change the throttle position 

That sounds more like you are adjusting the min and max clamps which wont change the throttle position.  

What issue are you actually trying to solve?  Your last post was only asking why it is making noise when closed, which is normal, so Im not sure what you are trying to adjust?