link will not communicate with laptop

jason lebreton

hello had a problem with my ecu sent it out for repairs the company check it reconfigured it and it still will not connect to lap tom com 1 is working the car spits and sputters but still will not start (never did) sent ecu for repairs because of a short circuit and would not start the car now i had repairs done got the ecu back and car wants to start but i cant configure it properly because it cant connect is there a possibility my serial adapter is toast if so is there a usb conversion i have a link plus g1 v14 for a subaru 2.0 or 2.5 thanks

Not common for them to break but if you did something to it then it could be dead...  A tuning module is a hand held device that plugs into your ECU to tune it.  Only works on older G1 ECU's...  Check them out on the website.

• 3 weeks later...

On Version 2.5 you have the option of going higher than com4 It should show all available com ports. So if you USB to serial converter lock in as com 5 this should be fine.

Simon