E85 sensor

Steve1436215419

Compared to some of the chatting on here I have a simple question.

Wiring this up on my Subaru, It says to use a 5V output. Is this just any auxiliary output on with ignition? I was thinking this would fall into the GP output, but not positive.

The next question have is about the digital input. I dont know what one to get rid of. I dont have AC anymore, so that would be a possibility but I know that the switch for it can be used for other things also that would make fun gadgets.

Any suggestions appreciated

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Hi Levon you can pick up a 5V from the TPS feed. Or the XS loom does make it easy.

The OMP is a hard one you can change an axis to %ethanol but really you need RPM and load also.

So I cant see a way around that unless when running E85 adding it as a pre mix.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bump this up for some updates - 

I have the continental sensor in my car and I just changed the sensor wiring from the external pull up method to the internal pull up method. Ethanol content stayed the same so that's good, saved me about 500 grams of BS wiring and stuff haha.

One question I did have, and Kellygnsd has been helping me out on the side a little... how does the temperature get measured? I am seeing 132 degrees C when sitting in my garage at 23 degrees C, does it work the same way as the Seimens?

Thanks for the help Fellas.

Levon

• 1 year later...

Hi Meik

The dual boost table can only act as a secondary table not as an overlay.

Only option to get the boost to change based on % ethanol is to have one axis as % ethanol you could use Volt on one and % on the other but this will loose the RPM trim.

Hello Simon,

Thanks for your replay.

Sorry I don't understand your solution.

Can you poste your solution in the pcl e85-boost map?

Then I can see what you mean.

The one axis have Ethanol and the first axis have Volt Tabel from the switch?

That would mean I have one Factor for the DC % trim for all RPM stages?

Thanks

Meik

• 2 weeks later...

It definitely doesn't allow that, yet - I think I have asked in the wish list area for more functionality on this, quite a few of Link's biggest competitors (!?) have blending tables which allow you to do something along those lines.  You'd not really want to linear interpolate the timing and fuel numbers between petrol and E85(+), it isn't linear.

I think it's a very important for any ECU manufacturer to have good flex fuel capabilitis, because Flexfuel is getting more than more populare nowadays.  

Even Nistune can do Flexfuel with some kind of bleeding table, since recently.  In generall it would be an very usefull and advanced thing to have the ability to interpolate betwen tables, based of Ehtanol Sensor feedback or as a example with a 12 trim pot to remove some timing, boost, fuel etc. As an example you have a normal map and one with excessive removed timing, boost, fuel, etc. in some arreas of the map and can switch in 12position from normal to the retardet map.

That will offer also some nice possibility to do a kind of traction contro with 4D,5D tables, which you can switch between 12 settings on the fly. 

Exactly Daniel Bailey, that's what i meant. Ability to do two complet separate maps and tell the ECU with some kind of 'mixture' 2D table how much of each map should be used based on ethanol content. 

To get an idea, you can read from page 17 on on this document. http://nistune.com/docs/Nistune%20Feature%20Pack%20V1.pdf 

I haven't tested flex fuel cababilitys yet. I really prefer to use Link ECU's because of all other capabilities.