MAP limit 3D table and MAP limit (status) parameter

PitBull

When I have the MAP Limit set for a 2D table, values in the cells are displayed as either PSI or kPa (depending on the Units setting).  However, when I switch it to a 3D table, I can only change the cell values in increments of 5 and the values displayed does not change regardless of whether or not I select Metric or Imperial, so I'm not exactly sure what the values in the cell are representing (PSI or kPa).  Is something wrong with this?

Regarding the MAP limit (status) parameter:  I I know it can be either 0 or 1.  But, does it go to 1 as soon as any amount of cut happens, or does it go to 1 when 100% cut is hit?

Thank you

PB

Ah ok.  Is the fix to the PC software or ECU firmware (or both?) and will it be available immediately or with the next update?

Can you comment on my other question regarding the MAP limit (status) parameter?

Thanks!

PB

PCLink fix.

The value in that cell will be in kPA, so you'll just need to convert your psi into kPA.

I've asked Simon and/or Scott to jump in on your map limit question, I can't test it on the bench right now.

edit: fix should be in the next release, pending testing approval.

Edited by EngineeringDave

Regarding the MAP limit (status) parameter:  I I know it can be either 0 or 1.  But, does it go to 1 as soon as any amount of cut happens, or does it go to 1 when 100% cut is hit?

The MAP Limit Status will become active as soon as the MAP Limit becomes active. On the default settings this would be 10kPa below the MAP Limit value. So the actual percentage of cut has no effect on the status. 

PCLink fix.

The value in that cell will be in kPA, so you'll just need to convert your psi into kPA.

I've asked Simon and/or Scott to jump in on your map limit question, I can't test it on the bench right now.

edit: fix should be in the next release, pending testing approval.

Could there be the possibility to change the limit value from kPa to psi when the units are set to Imperial?  It's impossible to view a graph of MAP vs MAP limit values when one is in PSI and the other is in kPa.

Thank you

PB

Could there be the possibility to change the limit value from kPa to psi when the units are set to Imperial?  It's impossible to view a graph of MAP vs MAP limit values when one is in PSI and the other is in kPa.

Thank you

PB

Yup, it'll be in the next release pending testing approval.

The MAP Limit value should change to psi also, but does not. I will ask for this to be changed.

The engineering team have confirmed this will be changed in our next major release.

Edited by Scott
Forum combined my posts.

• 4 months later...

Hello...

Did this get fixed? 

I tried switching to a 3D MAP limit and it appears the MAP limit value in the cells are still displayed in kPa even when Units are set to Imperial

Thank you

Edited by PitBull

Hello, any info on the status of this?

Thanks

Hi Pitbull,

I am sure the engineering team is working on this. There have been a lot of updates and things that are constantly being updated. With all the new changes with branding and stuff. I am sure this will be resolved shortly. Sometimes not always as fast as we would like but it will get done. Hang in there.