R33 gtr obd2 hard wire

lysaer

Hi there 

I have just ordered my link g4+ plugin along with the dash and all the bells and whistles. 

The r33 gtr uses the Nissan consult cableandd I was just wondering if it would be possible to wire an obd2 port to the ecu in order to send telemetry via Bluetooth to the Torque android app

Excellent, thank you Simon.

Do you know if I wired 2 obd2 ports they would both read the data equally to different devices ?

Also, is there a video out on the Link ecu, I have the nismo lcd dash as attached picture, I also have purchased the Link dash which will be used mainly for race days and just attached to the steering column as and when needed. but for daily driving if i could feed the data to the video rca on the Nismo dash that would be great

thank you in advance

DSC00122.jpg

Edited by lysaer

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers Simon

Any info about being able to get a video stream from the Dash 2 to an RCA

I have looked at the connections and cannot see a video out anywhere on my unit, so far my idea would be to use a OBD2 to usb into an android device running Torque, then output the android device hdmi to rca converter box then rca into the dash, unless you can recommend a simpler way

Check out gaugeart.com, they do a CAN  to video adaptor that works with G4+. You will need their vga to composite adapter also if your lcd doesn't have vga.  I don't think you will be able to use torque via obd2 and gaugeart at the same time however since they probably use different streams.

Check out gaugeart.com, they do a CAN  to video adaptor that works with G4+. You will need their vga to composite adapter also if your lcd doesn't have vga.  I don't think you will be able to use torque via obd2 and gaugeart at the same time however since they probably use different streams.

Thanks Adam

I will look into this now