Gear Position voltage not right

Anthony Parle

Hi Guys been away playing with other toys and the gearbox has been out of the Subaru.

My issues was before and is today the fact that for what ever reason the log shows the gearchange dropping to zero between gears.  I also have a Race tech logger and it shows a smooth step between the each gear voltage, is that how it is supposed to be.  Here is a image of what I mean the log file is 2 hours long so not sure how I reduce its size to be able to post it.  5th gears is not showing but I think I have a voltage error in the set up for that one.

I think I mentioned in one of your other posts a while ago that you need to increase the "volt tolerance" setting under gear detection until you get a crisp step between gears.  Yours is at 0.1v now, try bumping it up 0.1v at a time until you get the best result.  The few cars I have done have normally been around 0.3v from memory.

You can test this "driving" in the garage with the wheels jacked up.

Yes its +volts on one side and - on the other.  The idea is you want to get as close as you can without overlap.  Although if you do overlap it will just look like it does now showing gear "zero" in the middle of the change. if you have roughly 0.5v steps then try say 0.2 or 0.22v.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so moved the volt tolerance to 0.3V and its all good.

My only issue right now is I can't get the ECU to Log anymore.  I assumed that when I down load the log file from the ECU and I tell it to delete the old one it clears space for the next one.  was this a correct assumption or not?  Or is it the case that I have remove the old file in a different way?

Tony

You dont need to delete anything, the ecu should just overwrite the oldest data should the memory get full. 

Try this: With engine running and logging conditions met, hit F12 to open up the runtimes window, go to the ecu status tab and take a look at the "ecu logging" status, that should give you some clues.

Capture.png