Altezza G4+ plug-in rewired for 1jz

Hermit

Hi guys

So basically I had turbo'd my 3sge altezza and had it mapped on the Link altezza plug-in ecu. I've since decided to fit a 1jz now (currently in the middle of doing this)and I want to know if I can rewire my Altezza G4+ plug-in to run the 1jz?

Would it be possible to re-pin the jz loom back into the ecu plug on Altezza loom? As I would like to try keep the dash functional.

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys

Thanks 

I think it would work, you might want to swap to one of the solenoid style ISCV's for the 1J that are available now so you save an additional 3x Aux outputs.  eg: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Syltech-Idle-Air-Control-Valve-IAC-1JZ-GTE-for-Haltech-Microtech-Link-Standalone-/201726865037?hash=item2ef7dbae8d:g:4pUAAOSwuzRXcijZ

Edited by JMP

I think it would work, you might want to swap to one of the solenoid style ISCV's for the 1J that are available now so you save an additional 3x Aux outputs.  eg: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Syltech-Idle-Air-Control-Valve-IAC-1JZ-GTE-for-Haltech-Microtech-Link-Standalone-/201726865037?hash=item2ef7dbae8d:g:4pUAAOSwuzRXcijZ

thanks for the reply jmp

I'll have to look into that. It would be handy if it did save me some Aux outputs. I'm just going thru wiring diagrams at the minute to see what exactly I have to swap about. I know the jz runs the injectors in batched sequences. so would I be right in thinking I'll have to repin the link ecu so I'm only using 3 of the 4 injectors out puts on it for the 1jz?

Yes it will work.

I have done this a couple times.

Might run out of I/O for the stepper motor iac though.

Hi Brad

Thanks for your reply.

How did you get around the issue of running out of I/O for the stepper motor?

the engine I will be running is the non vvti 1jz. I would have thought I'll be freeing up some outputs on the link ecu by not running the vvti like I did on the beams engine.

I'll have to look into that. It would be handy if it did save me some Aux outputs. I'm just going thru wiring diagrams at the minute to see what exactly I have to swap about. I know the jz runs the injectors in batched sequences. so would I be right in thinking I'll have to repin the link ecu so I'm only using 3 of the 4 injectors out puts on it for the 1jz?

This will depend on what outputs you have available. If possible you would be better to run the injectors sequentially (needing 6 injection outputs).

the engine I will be running is the non vvti 1jz. I would have thought I'll be freeing up some outputs on the link ecu by not running the vvti like I did on the beams engine.

Not having VVT should free up Aux Outputs 1 and 2, and Digital input 2.

Scott

thanks for the reply jmp

Hi Brad

Thanks for your reply.

How did you get around the issue of running out of I/O for the stepper motor?

They vehicles that I did were dbw cars and didn't have a stepper IAC