Link G4+ plugin wiring & trigger

jimmylemon

Hey Guys,

Have a rb26/30 engine in an r32 running a new Link G4+ plugin. I will be changing over to a Ross crank/cam trigger and also wiring in 2x sensors for oil and fuel pressure (Sylex sensors). Also want to trigger a 3rd fuel pump relay somehow, AUX out?

Can someone help me with the following:

1. Do I need an expansion cable to wire in fuel and oil pressure sensors on the plugin?

2. Is there a pinout diagram for the Link G4+ gtr plugin somewhere?

3. Is there an AUX out pin on the Link G4+ that I can use to trigger a relay for my 3rd fuel pump?

3. Can someone tell me how I should wire both Cherry sensors for the triggers, and the Sylex fuel/oil pressure sensors? Can I wire into existing CAS wiring on 26 loom for Cherry sensors?

4. Can I change over to trigger style in the menu somehow once wired in? It's currently running off factory Nissan CAS.

1: Maybe it will depend on what you have in use already for example you could use the stock AFM signal inputs to bring in the pressures. But often the XS loom just makes it easier.

2: The PC link help file is where you will find the pinout information Navigation:  G4+ Plug-In ECU Installation Manual > Pinouts > GTRLink

3: Much like #1 it will depend on what you have in use already. You might for example not be running AC so the output for this could be repurposed for fuel pump control.

4: All of those are going to require power and ground and then the signals. The CAS sensors will be able to use the existing CAS wiring you will just have to extend / split it off to allow for the 2 sensors and different location of the crank one.

The pressure sensors will likely require a 5V supply this could come from say the TPS wiring as can the ground. Or if you go the XS loom path this has all you will need.

5: Yes this is done in the Triggers menu in the ECU Settings of PC link.

Thanks very much for your help Simon, its much appreciated.

I picked up an XS loom today, will just make it easier I think like you mention.

Do you see any issues running the 36-2T wheel here vs the 12 Simon?

https://rossperformanceparts.com/product/nissan-rb-36-2t-crank-trigger-disc-race-series-harmonic-damper/

Are you able to tell me what the difference is mate with the above 36 vs the 12 here:

https://rossperformanceparts.com/product/nissan-rb-12t-crank-trigger-disc-race-series-harmonic-damper/

Also once I get the triggers wired into the old CAS wiring, and setup in the menu, would I be able to drive the car OK on current tune? I would guess yes to this.

Cheers.

Also is there any chance you could tell me what settings to change in the menu once wired in to suit the 36-2T wheel Simon?

Really appreciate your help mate.

Both options 12 or 36-2 will work well once configured.

The 36-2 will be slightly easier to set up as the position of the cam signal is not as critical.

Once the trigger inputs have been configured and the base timing set then yes I would se no problem with using the existing tune.

Basic set up for the triggers attached. (Trigger offset is unknown but if you do a timing calibration you will get it worked out)

trigger362.JPG

Hi Simon, do you know if the 36-2 wheel needs any particular orientation when bolting to the balancer? ie the 2 missing teeth, does that need to line up with the balancer TDC or something?

This is all bit new to me, thank you for your help so far but.

One last question guys and I'm good. I picked up my XSL loom today, I need to wire in 2x Syltech sensors one for oil pressure and one for fuel, and trigger a 12v relay. Can I trigger a 12v relay using the XSL loom? I assume so. I then should use DI5 and DI6 for both sensors input? What should I be using to trig relay?

You might actually need 2 XS Looms.  Here is the pinout for your expansion connectors:

89GKn4l.png

Your pressure sensors need to be connected to AN Volt inputs, you can see above Expansion connector #1 has 2 volt inputs.

For the FP relay you need an aux output, there are 3 of those spare but they are all on the other Expansion connector...

The aux outputs send out a "ground" so you wire one side of your relay coil to switched +12V, and the other side to the aux.  

On the GTR plugin there are actually 3 FP related aux outputs already - 1 for the main FP relay, then another 2 are used for the FP speed controller.  If you are not wanting to use the speed controller you can possibly use one of those auxes to do your 3rd fuel pump.

Edited by Adamw
typo

Hey guys,

Appreciate everyone's help with this, thanks for the above Adam, you actually saved my bacon on that. I ordered another XSL loom, was just going to be easier that way. I have been reading up on some other posts in regards to wiring. I have the Cherry sensors as I read the GT101's are not good at high frequency.

Anyway each sensor has ground, +, and signal, which is no worries. My only question is around wiring them into the standard nissan CAS. Basically I was going to take the 12v+ and ground from the nissan CAS wiring, and branch that off into each sensor. Then signal obviously goes into signal 1 and 2.

Is branching off the single 12V and ground from the nissan CAS wiring, then going into two sensors OK? Or does each sensor needs its own dedicated 12V and ground all the way back to the ECU?

Cheers.

Is branching off the single 12V and ground from the nissan CAS wiring, then going into two sensors OK? Or does each sensor needs its own dedicated 12V and ground all the way back to the ECU?

Yes this is fine, share the 12V and ground, only the signals need to be separate.